- If you're interested in both online and offline PC security measures, the AVG 2017 suite is exactly what you need.
- It features a defensive measure to enhance your machine's protection against zero-day threats.
- If you have multiple antivirus tools installed on your PC, the new option will take care of that.
- This amazing security suite also checks IP addresses through secure DNS channels.
If you’re keen on finding out the latest news regarding antivirus solutions along with both online and offline security measures, this news will appeal to you: Four months ago, Avast acquired AVG.
This power move was expected by some, but very few people were actually expecting the new company to release a new suite so soon after the takeover. As far as security suites go, four months is a relatively short period of time to put one together.
That brings us to the recent release of an AVG 2017 suite featuring multiple services: AVG AntiVirus Free, AVG TuneUp and AVG Internet Security.
- Get now AVG suite from the official webpage
You might think that you’re getting products entirely of the brand’s making. However, it was only reasonable that Avast put its mark on them. And no one is complaining either because we’re talking about Avast’s CyberCapture file scan system, a cloud feature now incorporated into AVG AntiVirus and AVG Internet Security. This defensive measure will enhance your machine’s protection against zero day threats.
The new mode feature featured in the AVG 2017 suite is called Passive Mode and it is extremely useful when you have multiple antivirus software installed on your machine. AVG will detect what other protection you have then use the new Passive Mode so that both software can run without interfering with each other.
Moving on to DNS and IP related issues, you can also count on AVG Internet Security to take precautions by verifying IP addresses through secure DNS channels. This will combat fake website redirections and improve overall security.
There are other features as well, and the new AVG still retains the brand’s Free version. That being said, you can give it a try yourself and see if it works for you.