Delete Unnecessary Files in Windows 10 with These Fast Tools
Advanced tools to seamlessly clear junk files on your PC
- Junk files can be a severe problem on any PC because they can slow it down considerably.
- To remove unwanted files, you can take the manual approach or use specialized software, though experts recommend the latter.
- We have listed the best tools to automatically scan and clear junk files with no effort from your end.
Your PC can sometimes be filled with unnecessary temporary files and programs that can slow it down. This is when you need to scan and delete the junk files on the computer.
You can take the manual approach, but it isn’t always very effective and is highly time-consuming and risky. Many inadvertently removed critical system files and had to reinstall the OS.
Use specialized software to clean up your PC to ensure you don’t delete anything valuable. And we have the perfect ones for you.
What files should I delete to free up space?
If you are wondering how to delete junk files from your PC, here are a few quick ways:
- Empty the Recycle Bin: The Recycle Bin stores files for a certain period after they are deleted, but if you are certain about not needing them again, empty it right away.
- Uninstall programs no longer useful: If there are programs installed that you don’t need anymore, uninstall them to clear some space.
- Use Disk Cleanup: It’s a built-in utility that allows users to easily scan and delete junk files and necessary items on the computer.
- Set up Storage Sense: It is another handy utility offered by Microsoft that automatically removes unnecessary items at a set frequency.
However, remember that none offer the same efficiency level as specialized software. These will find even the smallest of the files created by apps and remove them all. However, when it comes to scanning and deleting junk files, there’s no match for these.
Is it safe to delete junk files?
As long as you are careful not to delete any critical files, there’s no harm in it. And it’s recommended that you regularly scan and delete junk files in Windows. Moreover, you can choose to backup your system to make sure you can undo any damage.
If you don’t delete unwanted files in Windows 10, they will soon consume a large part of the storage, and you may run out of free space.
Here are the best software tools that you can use to delete unnecessary files safely:
- Fortect – Detailed scanning report
- Restoro – The best PC cleaner
- CCleaner – One of the most used tools
- Revo Uninstaller – Offers a simple UI
- Wise Registry Cleaner – Offers a free version
- AVG TuneUP – One of the biggest names in the space
- Easy Duplicate Finder – Straightforward and efficient
- Wise Disk Cleaner – Offers advanced cleaning
- R-Wipe and Clean – Available on Windows and Mac
- CleanMyPC – Cleans like a pro
- FileCleaner – Offers scheduled cleaning
Follow along to find out more details about each software!
What is the fastest way to delete unnecessary files?
- What files should I delete to free up space?
- What is the fastest way to delete unnecessary files?
- Restoro - The best PC cleaner
- Revo Uninstaller - Offers a simple UI
- Wise Registry Cleaner - Offers a free version
- AVG TuneUP - One of the biggest names in the space
- Easy Duplicate Finder - Straightforward and efficient
- Wise Disk Cleaner - Offers advanced cleaning
- CCleaner - One of the most used tools
- R-Wipe and Clean - Available on Windows and Mac
- FileCleaner - Offers scheduled cleaning
Fortect – Detailed scanning report
Fortect is perfect for deleting unnecessary files as it is a program specifically built to optimize your computer.
It helps you run an elaborate scan of your PC that takes up to five minutes and shows you the status of your computer’s health and which components need an update or a fix.
This software cleans your device and helps you free up space by removing junk files, build-ups, and other unnecessary files that slow down your PC’s functional state.
Take a look at its best features:
- It deletes all web browsing tracking cookies, clearing any trace of your internet activity
- It diagnoses stability issues and fixes system freezes and other PC errors
- It checks your installs and executables for cyber threats and replaces the damaged files
- Repairs and replaces corrupted or missing OS files, including DLLs and registry keys
- Offers a detailed scanning report of your PC to correct all the deficiencies
FortectA trustworthy app to use when you encounter various computer issues that need a fast repair.
Restoro – The best PC cleaner
Restoro is a highly recommended system repair tool for your PC.
This professional Windows system repair tool is an all-in-one program that replaces missing DLLs with patented technology and can also restore broken or missing entries in the registry.
Here are some examples of its great features:
- It corrects settings, removes junk, and deletes corrupt files to help you free up disk space
- It can be an excellent help to restore your computer after a serious infection
- Drastically improves the stability of the laptop and dramatically increases its speed
- Includes a remote database of authentic and up-to-date Windows files that can replace the defective files on the scanned system
- The application is a perfect solution for adware, ransomware, Trojans, and other malicious programs.
The analysis process and the scan results are free of charge, but users who want to fix problems automatically must purchase a licensed version.
RestoroGet rid of unwanted files on your Windows 10 computer for good with Restoro!
Revo Uninstaller – Offers a simple UI
Another great application that can delete junk files is Revo Uninstaller. It’s considered one of the best junk file cleaners in the market and has been appreciated by users.
It has a very simplistic and straightforward UI, with various options placed systematically to allow quick access.
Regarding the features, here are some of the best features that this app has to offer:
- Can uninstall any application and remove all files associated with it
- Hunter Mode allows you to pinpoint and uninstall unknown applications
- The autorun Manager feature allows you to control which applications start automatically with your PC
- Ability to remove junk files and speed up your PC, and permanently delete files and folders
Pro version features:
- Forced Uninstall – Remove leftover files from any application that wasn’t uninstalled properly
- Quick/Multiple uninstall – Set a queue for applications you want to remove and remove them one by one
- A real-time installation monitor allows you to see live changes on your PC while a certain application is being installed
- Ability to create system and registry backup before making any changes
Revo UninstallerThis practical tool will remove all the unnecessary files on your PC super fast and automated.
Wise Registry Cleaner – Offers a free version
If you need a junk file remover, you should try Wise Registry Cleaner. This software comes in two versions, Free and Pro, and they have very few differences.
So, if you are not yet ready for the paid version, go ahead with the free one. Though, most users prefer the paid version more.
Regarding the features, here are a few notable features that this tool offers:
- Ability to scan the registry and remove the corrupted or unnecessary entries
- Can quickly restore the registry to the previous state if you encounter any issues
- You can add a Clean Registry shortcut on your desktop in order to clean the registry whenever you want
- Three different modes of scanning: normal, safe, and deep
- Support for exclusions allowing you to skip certain sensitive areas of your registry
- Multi-user support (in Pro version only) – Thanks to this, you can clean the registry for all users on your PC, as long as you have administrative rights
Wise Registry CleanerRely on this software to clean junk files, defragment the registry, or restore your system.
AVG TuneUP – One of the biggest names in the space
Finding the best PC cleaner isn’t always easy, but if you’re looking for software to delete junk files in Win 10, AVG TuneUP might be just what you need.
Developed by one of the biggest names in the market, AVG TuneUP boasts of highly efficient cleaning of junk files along with other performance enhancements.
As for the features, here’s what this tool has to offer:
- It will automatically clean your registry and fix various issues
- Automatic maintenance will clean browser leftovers, track cookies, cache files, etc.
- Sleep Mode technology puts resource-intensive or background programs to sleep in order to improve your PC performance
- Ability to find and remove unwanted software such as bloatware or old software
- Remove cache files, old backups, and temporary files thanks to the Disk Cleaner feature
- Browser Cleaner feature that will remove leftover files from all your browsers
- Ability to update outdated software automatically
AVG TuneUpTune up your system efficiently by removing junk files to free up valuable space with AVG software.
Easy Duplicate Finder – Straightforward and efficient
Easy Duplicate Finder is another simple junk file cleaner for Windows 10. This application has a rather friendly user interface allowing you to find and remove duplicated files easily.
With efficient functioning and a simple interface, it’s bound to be one of the best tools for scanning and deleting junk files in Windows.
Regarding the features, here are a few notable ones this tool offers:
- Extremely simple to use interface
- Several scanning modes
- Ability to remove duplicates from cloud storage services
- Folder comparison mode
- Ability to find true duplicates
Easy Duplicate FinderHave a try with this appreciated tool that will eliminate all duplicate files to free up your disk space.
Wise Disk Cleaner – Offers advanced cleaning
If you’re looking for the best PC cleaning tool, you might want to try Wise Disk Cleaner. The application is simple to use, but it also packs a lot of useful features.
In addition to boosting the computer’s performance, it can also improve your browsing experience.
Here are a few most notable features:
- Ability to remove unnecessary files and free up precious disk space
- Advanced options that allow you to remove all sorts of junk files
- Ability to clean browsing history, cache files, and cookies of your browser
- Can also clean various traces left by your operating system
- Built-in defragmentation tool
- Ability to schedule cleaning sessions
Wise Disk CleanerGet rid of all junk files from your PC and immediately increase your system’s speed performance.
CCleaner – One of the most used tools
CCleaner is probably one of the best software to delete unnecessary files in Windows 10. It seamlessly removes junk files and also has a plethora of other features.
Since it offers an unpaid version, you can clean junk files in Windows 10 for free.
Regarding the features, here are the most notable ones:
- Ability to clean temporary files, cookies, history, and other files from all major and less popular browsers
- Can clean Recycle Bin, recent documents, temporary files, log files, clipboard, DNS cache, error reports, memory dumps, and jump lists
- Remove temporary files and recent file lists related to various third-party applications
- Software Updater (Professional version only)
- Real-time monitoring (Professional version only)
- Scheduled cleaning (Professional version only)
CCleanerGuard your PC using complete cleaning of useless files, junk files monitoring, or browser cache deleting.
R-Wipe and Clean – Available on Windows and Mac
R-Wipe & Clean is another junk file remover that will delete all useless files in Windows 10. And it works with both Mac and Windows.
Though the tool has a slightly complex UI, the abundance of cleaning options and other features compensate for it.
Regarding the features, here are a few notable ones:
- Ability to remove any activity traces from your browser and other communication programs
- Can clean activity traces, including various lists, logs, cache, temporary files, etc.
- Ability to remove registry entries, temporary files, system history, and logs
- Can remove cache, temporary files, logs, other traces, and junk files left by third-party applications
- Ability to easily delete files and free up disk space
- Support for file wiping directly from File Explorer or the shortcut menu
- Can work with SSDs while minimizing wear by cleaning only the necessary data
CleanMyPC – Cleans like a pro
Developed by MacPaw, CleanMyPC is a great utility for scanning and deleting junk files on the computer. It doesn’t just help boost the PC’s performance but also offers the option to reduce boot time by listing all the startup items.
Also, with respect to uninstalling apps, it does so cleanly, and no trace of the app is left behind, not even the Registry entries.
Here are some of the benefits of using CleanMyPC:
- Enhanced online security and privacy
- Allows users to identify and disable irrelevant extensions easily
- Shreds the deleted files, thus ensuring that others cannot recover and misuse them
- Removes the hibernation files, usually one of the biggest files on the computer
FileCleaner – Offers scheduled cleaning
Another great tool that can help you delete junk files from your Windows 10 PC is FileCleaner.
According to the developers, this application will clear up space on your PC, while speeding up both your browser and PC.
As for the features, here are a few most notable features that FileCleaner offers:
- Cleanup of junk files in real-time
- Can easily clean both Internet and app history
- Ability to remove search history, temporary files, and recent documents
- Can clear browser extensions, toolbars, and cache
- File shredder feature that will permanently delete the desired files
- Scheduler for recurring optimization
- Support for all major browsers
That being said, we handpicked the most effective optimizing tools for Windows PCs to help you scan and delete junk files.
Additionally, there are efficient RAM cleaners and optimizers for Windows 10 that will aid boost performance, so try them as well.
If you have any other queries or want to share a review of these tools, drop a comment below.