- Junk files can be a serious problem on any PC because it can slow it down considerably.
- In order to remove the unwanted files, you need to run some specific applications.
- Check out our Window 10 Hub for more information and great guides for your PC.
- Take a look at our Software section to improve your digital experience with helpful information.
Your PC can sometimes be filled with unnecessary temporary files and programs that can slow it down.
Most users are not always sure which files can be easily deleted and which data are important system files.
To make sure you don’t delete anything useful, you should proceed with caution and get help of a professional software to clean up your PC.
Junk files and applications can be a problem, so today we’re going to show you the best tools to delete junk on Windows 10.
What is the best tool to delete junk files for Windows 10 PCs?
Restoro is a highly recommended system repair tool for your PC.
This professional Windows system repair tool is an all-in-one program that not only replace missing DLLs with a patented technology, but is also able to restore broken or missing entries in the registry.
Here are some examples of its great features:
- It corrects settings, remove junk and delete corrupt files in order to help you free up disk space
- Can be an excellent help to restore your computer after a serious infection
- Drastically improves the stability of the computer and dramatically increases its speed
- Includes a remote database of authentic and up-to-date Windows files that can replace the defective files on the scanned system
- The application is a perfect solution for adware, ransomware, Trojans, and other malicious programs.
The analysis process and the scan results are free of charge, but users who want to automatically fix problems must purchase a licensed version.
RestoroGet rid of unwanted files on your Windows 10 computer for good with Restoro!
Finding the best PC cleaner isn’t always easy, but if you’re looking for a software to delete unnecessary files on Windows 10, then AVG TuneUP might be just what you need.
As for the features, here’s what this tool has to offer:
- Will automatically clean your registry and fix various issues
- Automatic maintenance that will clean browser leftovers, tracking cookies, cache files, etc.
- Sleep Mode technology that puts resource-intensive or background programs to sleep in order to improve your PC performance
- Ability to find and remove unwanted software such as bloatware or old software
- Remove cache files, old backups, temporary files thanks to the Disk Cleaner feature
- Browser Cleaner feature that will remove leftover files from all your browsers
- Ability to update outdated software automatically
Another great application that can delete junk files is Revo Uninstaller.
Regarding the features, here are some of the best feature that this app has to offer:
- Can uninstall any application and remove all files associated with it
- Hunter Mode that allows you to pinpoint and uninstall unknown applications
- Autorun Manager feature allows you to control which applications start automatically with your PC
- Ability to remove junk files and speed up your PC and to permanently delete files and folders
Pro version features:
- Forced Uninstall – Remove leftover files from any application that wasn’t uninstalled properly
- Quick/Multiple uninstall – Set a queue for applications you want to remove and remove them one by one
- Real-time installation monitor allows you to see live changes on your PC while a certain application is being installed
- Ability to create system and registry backup before making any changes
Probably one of the best-known Windows 10 cleanup software is CCleaner. This application can remove junk files, but it also has a plethora of other features.
Regarding the features, here are the most notable ones:
- Ability to clean temporary files, cookies, history and other files from all major and less popular browsers
- Can clean Recycle Bin, recent documents, temporary files, log files, clipboard, DNS cache, error reports, memory dumps and jump lists
- Remove temporary files and recent file lists related to various third-party applications
- Software Updater (Professional version only)
- Real-time monitoring (Professional version only)
- Scheduled cleaning (Professional version only)
If you need a junk file remover, then you should definitely try out Wise Registry Cleaner. This software comes in two versions, Free and Pro, and they have very few differences.
Regarding the features, here are a few notable features that this tool offers:
- Ability to scan the registry and remove the corrupted or unnecessary entries
- Can easily restore the registry to the previous state if you encounter any issues
- You can add a Clean Registry shortcut on your desktop in order to clean the registry whenever you want
- Three different modes of scanning: normal, safe, and deep
- Support for exclusions allowing you to skip certain sensitive areas of your registry
- Multi-user support (in Pro version only) – Thanks to this you can clean the registry for all users on your PC, as long as you have administrative rights
Another application that can delete unnecessary files on Windows 10 is Magic Utilities. This application has a humble user interface, but it makes up for it with its features.
Speaking of features, here are few notable ones:
- Ability to quickly and easily uninstall applications from your PC
- Can easily detect corrupted registry entries
- It finds leftover files from uninstalled applications
- Detect any recently installed programs or programs that have been added to the startup
- It configures your startup applications
- Built-in task manager that can instantly close applications
- Can find and remove temporary or junk files from your PC
Easy Duplicate Finder is another simple junk file cleaner for Windows 10. This application has a rather friendly user interface allowing you to easily find and remove duplicated files.
Regarding the features, here are a few notable features that this tool offers:
- Extremely simple to use interface
- Several scanning modes
- Ability to remove duplicates from cloud storage services
- Folder comparison mode
- Ability to find true duplicates
If you’re looking for the best PC cleaner, you might want to try Wise Disk Cleaner. The application is simple to use, but it also packs a lot of useful features.
Here are a few most notable features:
- Ability to remove unnecessary files and free up precious disk space
- Advanced options that allow you to remove all sorts of junk files
- Ability to clean browsing history, cache files and cookies of your browser
- Can also clean various traces left by your operating system
- Built-in defragmentation tool
- Ability to schedule cleaning sessions
R-Wipe & Clean is another junk file remover, and it works with both Mac and Windows computers. Regarding the features, here are few notable ones:
- Ability to remove any activity traces from your browser and other communication programs
- Can clean activity traces including various lists, logs, cache, temporary files, etc.
- Ability to remove registry entries, temporary files, system history and logs
- Can remove cache, temporary files, logs, other traces, and junk files left by third-party applications
- Ability to easily delete files and free up disk space
- Support for file wiping directly from File Explorer or the shortcut menu
- Can work with SSDs while minimizing the wear by cleaning only the necessary data
Another useful software that can delete unnecessary files on Windows 10 is Digeus Junk Files Cleaner. Regarding the features, here are a few most notable ones:
- Ability to remove large files and free up hard drive space
- Improve your system performance
- Can speed up your hard drive’s searching performance
- Ability to find and remove over 50 different types of junk files
- Can remove invalid Start Menu items, shortcuts, empty, old, and temporary files
- Ability to inspect the files manually before you remove them
Another great tool that can help you delete junk files from your Windows 10 PC is FileCleaner.
According to the developers, this application will clear up space on your PC, while speeding up both your browser and PC.
As for the features, here are a few most notable features that FileCleaner offers:
- Cleanup of junk files in real-time
- Can easily clean both Internet and app history
- Ability to remove search history, temporary files, and recent documents
- Can clear browser extensions, toolbars, and cache
- File shredder feature that will permanently delete the desired files
- Scheduler for recurring optimization
- Support for all major browsers
If you’re looking for the best Windows 10 cleanup software, be sure to try the top picks from this article and do let us know in the comments section below what program helped you.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and has been since revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.