Aventail VPN is not connecting [SOLVED BY EXPERTS]
Many Aventail VPN users have encountered the error message Aventail VPN is not connecting. This problem seems to occur no matter how the VPN service was used and on different Windows operating systems.
This issue can be extremely annoying, as the purpose of using a VPN service in the first place is to not have browsing limits. If your Aventail VPN service is not connecting to any server, people are entitled to try and change their service.
Although changing the VPN that you use will always be an option, in this article we will explore some of the best troubleshooting methods.
The methods presented here are not a full-on fix, but they helped other users in your situation. For this reason, please try these methods in the order that they were presented to avoid causing any further complications.
What to do if Aventail VPN service isn’t connecting?
- Open antivirus software -> open Firewall settings.
- Check for the list of apps allowed through the antivirus firewall.
- Make sure that Aventail VPN is allowed connections for both local and public servers.
- Save the settings.
- Restart your PC, and try to connect to Aventail VPN server again.
- Right-click on the Aventail Connect icon inside your taskbar -> select Enable Remote Network.
- Inside the Remote Network Access window -> click the remote network box.
- Type or select the appropriate remote network access you want to use.
- Click OK.
- Check to see if you can connect to the server.
Note: Before trying out this method, it is very important that you disable remote network access. You can do so by following the 2nd method presented in this article.
- Right-click the Aventail Connect icon inside your taskbar -> select Options.
- Inside the options window -> select the Internet Proxy tab.
- Click Detect.
- If the automatic detection is completed, the software will automatically assign values to the Server, Port, Version, and Internet Proxy fields.
- Check to see if this fixes your connection problems.
In this guide, we explored some of the best troubleshooting methods to deal with connection problems in Aventail VPN.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue, by using the comment section below.
- VPN not working on VirtualBox [STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE]
- VPN blocks Windows Store apps [EXPERT GUIDE]
- Can’t use VPN because L2TP is blocked? Fix it now
Every photographer knows the importance of an image that shows all the details of a captured scene. This becomes particularly difficult while taking close-range shots […]
MS Word and Google Docs are two of the foremost word processing applications. Both those word processors include numbered bullet list formatting options. However, Word […]
It’s a common practice for all computer users to install software programs regularly. As you know, whenever you install a piece of software, it installs […]