- AVG Secure Browser offers solid security, but users reported that they can’t remove it from their PC.
- In this article, we explore a few easy ways to delete this tool from your device.
- We've covered a lot of browser-related topics in our Browsers Hub, so be sure to visit it for more information.
- Use our Troubleshooting page to fix almost any software-related issue you might encounter.
Having a secure browser is important, and this is why many users choose the AVG Secure Browser. The browser comes from a reputable antivirus company, and it offers solid features.
However, many users reported that they had issues removing AVG Secure Browser from their PC. This can be a problem, so today we’ll show you how to properly uninstall this tool.
What can I do if I can’t uninstall AVG Secure Browser?
1. Uninstall it from the Settings app
- Open the Settings app and navigate to the Apps section.
- Locate the AVG Secure Browser, select it and click on Uninstall.
- Check the Also delete your browsing data and click the Uninstall button.
After uninstalling the application, it’s advised to remove any leftover files. You can do that from the command line by doing the following:
- Press Windows Key + X and choose PowerShell (Admin) from the menu.
- When the PowerShell opens, run the following commands one by one:
rmdir /q /s avg\Browser
rmdir /q /s %programdata%\avg\browser
- After all these commands are executed, the browser should be removed.
Be extra cautious while using the commands since you’ll permanently remove the respective directories.
2. Switch to another browser
Even the most popular browsers are not error-free, but at least you can try to use one with less to zero issues.
For instance, the Opera browser is a software that you should test. It’s a resourceful browser, with all the necessary tools included as native features.
This means that you won’t have to add extra plugins that otherwise cause slowdown to even the most frequently used processes.
Downloading Opera takes only a couple of minutes. Just use the button below.
You can set it up afterward according to your needs: separating tabs and workspaces, bringing all bookmarks to the front, and sharing your work across all your devices.
OperaAvoid browser errors! Easily switch to Opera and benefit from all the awesome efficient features it includes.
3. Use a third-party uninstaller
When you’re having trouble uninstalling a program, it’s best to leave this job to dedicated uninstaller tools, such as IObit Uninstaller Pro.
This way, you make sure that not only a particular program is deleted, but all the files associated with it. Otherwise, the uninstall process might leave behind hidden traces that will later interfere with other apps, causing even more trouble.
Simply download the program and open the tool. You’ll see all apps on the main dashboard. Select AV Secure Browser and uninstall it. Wait for the process to finish and reboot your PC.
IObit Uninstaller 10 ProRemove stubborn software and all its traces from your PC using this efficient tool.
4. Use AVG Clear tool
- Download the AVG Clear tool.
- Run the program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to remove AVG software.
Similarly to IObit Uninstaller, this tool is designed to remove AVG software if other methods fail to do so. By using this software, you’ll remove all files and registry entries associated with AVG Secure Browser.
If this guide helped you fix this issue, feel free to let us know in the comments section. Similarly, if you have other useful suggestions on this topic, let us know.
FAQ: Learn more about AVG Secure Browser
- What is AVG secure browser?
AVG Secure Browser is a special browser that focuses on user privacy and security.
- Is AVG secure browser safe?
AVG Secure Browser is made by antivirus company AVG, and it’s perfectly safe to use.
- Is AVG Secure Browser Chrome?
No, AVG Secure Browser isn’t Chrome, but it’s built on Chromium engine, the same foundation that Chrome uses.
- Is AVG secure browser any good?
Yes, AVG Secure Browser offers solid protection, it blocks ads as well as tracking cookies. Similarly to other browsers, it has an unlimited free VPN.