Bayonetta is an action game that follows the story of the last survivor of an ancient witch clan who keeps balance between light, dark and chaos. The title’s main character, Bayonetta, is thus revived after five centuries to continue this struggle. With only one clue about her past, she sets out on a quest to find out who she really is, facing hordes of enemies and giant foes.
Bayonetta gamers will also face various technical issues. They report that the game is sometimes affected by a series of bugs that limit the gaming experience. In this article, we’re going to show you how to fix common Bayonetta bugs.
Fix: Bayonetta frequent issues
Fix Bayonetta FPS issues
- DisableVsync and run the game in Borderless Fullscreen. Also, keep in mind that many users have reported that G-Sync is currently not compatible with the game.
- Run the game in Offline Mode. This should boost the framerate by at least 10 FPS.
- Use resolutions with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Update your operating system. Installing the latest Windows updates on your computer improves the overall framerate of the game. However, many gamers have reported that the Creators Update is breaking G-Sync. So, install the latest OS updates, but don’t upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update just yet.
- Check your graphics drivers. Gamers have reported that recent NVIDIA 381.65 drivers are causing stuttering and FPS drops on the Creators Update. If you’ve already upgraded your computer to this OS, roll back your graphics drivers.
- Disable the High Precision Event Timer in the PC’s BIOS.
- Disable HDR.
- Turn off the Steam Overlay.
Fix Bayonetta crashes
- Install the vcredist files as admin.
- Install the game on the same drive and partition as the Windows OS.
- If Bayonetta crashes when selecting Tome of Umbran Arts, press the Home button, go to keyboard settings and switch to default settings. This should solve the problem.
Fix duplicate, picture-in-picture cutscenes
This issue occurs when running the game on a 16:9 aspect ratio resolution. To fix this problem, change the resolution to 1920×1080 or 3840×2160.
Add 21:9 aspect ratio support
To enable 21:9 aspect ratio support, you need to use a Hex editor and edit the .exe file. More specifically, replace 39 8E E3 3F with 55 55 15 40 save the file and launch the game again.
Fix Bayonetta controller issues
- Go to GitHub and download the x360ce tool for 32-bit games
- Extract x360ce.zip in same directory as Bayonetta.exe. The file should be located at this address: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Bayonetta
- Run x360ce.exe > create xinput1_3.dll > configure it
- Run Bayonetta.exe or from Steam. Your gamepad/ controller should work now.
White veil in full-screen mode
If the screen is whitish, start the game (%gamefolder%/Bayonetta.exe) in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
How to skip cutscenes
Although this is not an issue per se, many players are annoyed by having to pause the game and then go to Options in order to skip the cutscenes. On an Xbox controller, you can simply use the back+RB combo to quickly skip the cutscenes.
We hope that the workarounds listed above have improved your Bayonette gaming experience. If you’ve come across other quick fixes, feel free to list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Creators Update enables Game DVR by default and causes game issues
- How to fix game crashes and other issues on Windows 10 Creators Update