From the invention of the first 3D printer in the year 1986, the technology has evolved incredibly, reducing in size and becoming more efficient and user-friendly overall.
It has never been easier to make 3D printed action figures. The most important step is to invest in a good 3D printer that allows you to create detailed action figures, is easy to use, and fits your price range.
Because the market is now full of a large range of 3D printers, it can be overwhelming to do the research required in order to make an informed decision.
That’s where this buying guide comes in handy, offering you a quick and effective overview of the best offers on 3D printers on the market. Read on to find out more details.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
ANYCUBIC Photon UV LCD
The ANYCUBIC Photon 3D printer, the cheapest option found in this buying guide, is a great option that allows you to build action figures easily.
This 3D printer uses a 2560 x 1440 px UV LCD screen that dries out each layer of material that was printed and has a volume of 115 x 65 x 155 mm.
- Affordable price
- Photon Slicer software included – offers a very user-friendly menu
- Uses a carbon filtration system
- A minimum layer height of 25 microns
- The quality of the print could be improved, but it is good considering the price range
XYZprinting Nobel 1.0a
The XYZprinting Nobel 1.0a 3D printer is one of our picks for the mid-range price category printers that can make action figures from the comfort of your own home.
This printer offers a 128 x 128 x 200 mm total building volume and features a very useful technology that allows the machine to automatically fill the resin tank.
- The 3D model files can be easily uploaded using a USB key or a USB cable connected to a PC
- Affordable price considering the quality of prints
- Compact design that fits in any office or home
- User-friendly software
- No 3rd party materials can be used to create action figures
The ZORTRAX INKSPIRE 3D printer is our second pick in the mid-range 3D printers category that allows you to create beautiful action figures.
This 3D printer uses LCD technology for the drying of resin layers, and the company claims that it can build models 8 times faster, and 9 times more accurate than other printers.
- A minimum layer thickness of 25 microns
- Can be enhanced by using the Zortrax Ultrasonic Cleaner, allowing you to post-process your designs
- Network connectivity through Wi-Fi and Ethernet for remotely accessing your printer
- A USB port connection for transferring models
- Printing volume a bit on the small side for this price (74 x 132 x 175 mm)
FabPro 3D Systems
The FabPro 3D Systems is another great 3D printer that fits into the higher price range section but offers amazing print quality and fast processing speeds.
This 3D printer offers a build volume of 125 x 70 x 120 mm, with a minimum layer thickness of 30 microns.
- Compact and good looking device
- The company claims to produce same-quality designs 3 times faster than the competition
- Very useful software that helps streamline the production of action figures
- Can be adapted with a UV curing unit
- Great printing quality
- Small building surface but enough for making action figures
MakerGear M3-ID, our top pick for the more expensive 3D printers available on the market, offers a very good quality action figure capability and can use two different colored materials at the same time to create them.
- Two 1kg Spools of PLA come included in the package
- Simplify 3D that makes it easier than ever to control every aspect of your 3D printing process
- WiFi/Ethernet Connectivity that offers remote control
- Supports full duplication printing
Final thoughts on 3D printers for making action figures
Owning a fast and reliable 3D printer can streamline the process of creating the best action figures you can imagine.
This list contains 3D printers from all price ranges and offers you an efficient overview of the pros and cons of each model.
Please feel free to let us know if you found this guide helpful, and what option you chose to purchase, by using the comment section below.