If you love watching sports games from the comfort of your home, then you’re probably wondering whether your next purchase should be a large flatscreen or a video projector.
If you choose a video projector, then you should know which are best suited for the fast-paced imagery that you would usually encounter during a sports match. You should also go for a 4K projector since projecting on large surfaces leads to image quality loss.
Because of this, we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best video projectors that fit both criteria.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
It is great for watching high-paced content such as projecting games or sports events, and the color correction, brightens and saturation makes it great for watching at pretty much any room lighting level.
- Experience lightning-fast 1080p input response times of 16ms at 60Hz and 8.4ms at 120Hz
- 3,400 lumens of brightness in any room in your home theater or living room
- HDR10 technology with DCI-P3 wide color gamut support
- 1080p (1920×1080) resolution renders sharp and detailed images from high definition content
- Connect with most media players, HD-ready gaming consoles, PCs, and mobile devices
- Vertical keystone correction and a 1.1x zoom enable flexible placement in any environment
- Display true 3D content from almost any 3D source
- Optoma 3D glasses purchase required for 3D content
- Frequent lamp issues
It features technology that is perfectly suited to handle fast-paced movements and image shifts, making it great for both competitive gaming and watching sports events smoothly.
- DarbeeVision image-enhancement technology enables greater detail in textures and reflective surfaces
- Experience a large 120-inch image projected from 4 feet away
- Enjoy lightning-fast response times of 16ms
- Is ideal in a variety of environments including family rooms, theater rooms, and game rooms
- Enjoy bright, razor-sharp images with 3, 000 lumens, and Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080)
- Displays true 3D content from almost any 3D source
- Support for 144Hz rapid-refresh rate provides ultra-smooth flicker-free images
- Connect to gaming consoles, media players and other HDMI devices
- 3D glasses required for 3D content
- The price tag
Epson Home Cinema 5040UB
If you’re watching a football match and want to see the emerald-green grass in a way that is as vivid as possible, then you need a projector that puts emphasis on that matter, such as the Epson Home Cinema 5040UB.
It delivers a groundbreaking combination of color, contrast, and resolution for the ultimate entertainment experience, and every detail comes alive with 4K Enhancement technology that can upscale non-4K content to a certain degree without quality loss.
- Supports 4K UHD content and upscales non-4K content
- 3LCD technology ensures no color wheel, no white segment, and no rainbow effect
- Full 10-bit color output and a contrast ratio up to 1,000,000:1
- 100 Percent Balanced Color
- Brightness : 2,500 lumens of equal color and white brightness
- Nothing worth mentioning
The BenQ TK800 is one of the best 4K sports-dedicated video projectors on the market. Not only does it offer impeccable image and color quality, but it even has dedicated football & Sport modes with Cinema Master Audio+2.
This technology allows you and your friends to enjoy high-paced sports games from the comfort of your yard or home theatre, with the same quality as watching from a flatscreen.
- True 8. 3 million pixels deliver awe-inspiring 4K UHD image quality
- Perfectly balanced high visual brightness (> 3000lm)
- Vivid colors (> 92% rec. 709) for well-lit environments
- BenQ projector-optimized HDR features natural Auto HDR color
- Sleek design with light, compact profile makes installation quick and easy
- Dedicated football & Sport modes with Cinema Master Audio+2
- The main menu is a bit complicated
- Noisier than other similar projectors
Thanks to the HDR10 technology, the precise colors and peak brightness of high Dynamic Range content will look wonderfully lifelike, which is especially the case with live or recorder sports games.
- 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) resolution at up to 2500 lumens brightness
- Up to 150″ Screen size
- HDR10 compatible; Standby Mode: Less than 0.5W
- Lg Smart TV enabled
- Bluetooth sound Out.Power Consumption: 280W (Max)
- Projection image: 150 inch @14. 1ft, 100 inch @9. 5ft, 40 inch @3. 6ft
- Not very efficient at projecting over a shorter distance
Closing thoughts on 4K projectors for sports
There are many advantages to having a video projector instead of a large flatscreen TV.
For example, you can make the image as big or as small as you want, and carrying a 10-pound projector is much easier than having a friend help you carry a 100-inch TV.
More so, it is way cheaper to have a projector, and changing a lamp every 5-6 years is much cheaper than changing the whole TV just because a few pixels decided to die on you.