Arduino micro-controllers are some of the best in the world, and they make for great components in pretty much any electronic device. This is the case with robotics kits as well, since Arduino parts allow for the creation of very complex designs.
There are plenty of Arduino robotics kits out there, and they usually cater more towards adults rather than children. Because of this, we’ve compiled a list to see which are the best Arduino robotics kits that you can buy.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best robotics kits for Arduino that I can buy?
ELEGOO UNO R3 Robot Car Kit
The end product is a high-end robotic car that can be programmed to perform a lot of tasks, and the steps needed to assemble it aren’t that hard to comprehend at all.
- Lets you get hands-on experience about programming, electronics assembling, and robotics knowledge
- It contains 24 kinds of module parts including obstacle avoidance, line tracking module, and more
- Easy to assemble
- The tutorial is a bit difficult to read
UCTRONICS Robot Car Kit
The product comes in 4 different model versions, but they all pretty much have the same basic functions, and the only difference between them is purely cosmetic in nature.
- Gets you started in the fields of robotics, electronic components assembling, and Arduino programming
- It comes with a board for Arduino UNO R3, Bluetooth and line tracking module, ultrasonic sensor, and more
- Features multiple operating modes, including obstacle avoidance, line tracking, and more
- Can connect your smartphone to the car via Bluetooth
- Detailed tutorial
- Can’t assemble anything else other than the designated car
SunFounder Arduino Robotics Kit
This Arduino-controlled robot is extremely cute and clever since it knows how to walk and avoid the obstacles that come in its path.
- The robot is equipped with high-performance 9G servo motors which confirm the good quality
- Lets you create a humanoid walking robot
- Lets you learn how to code faster and easier than ever with Arduino code
- The robot can intelligently avoid obstacles
- Easy to assemble
- Controlling the robot is difficult if you don’t know basic Arduino programming
Adeept DIY 5-DOF Robotic Arm Kit
The resulting creation is Arduino-based, and it features abilities such as self-learning, drawing, imitating, and more, making it a great stepping stone before moving one to more complex robotic projects.
- Designed based on Arduino UNO R3.
- Detailed manual and a variety of interesting Arduino code routines are provided
- Multiple control methods
- Self-learning, drawing, imitating, etc
- The batteries it needs aren’t commercially available
SunFounder Robotic Arm Edge Kit
Assembling it is fairly easy since the number of components isn’t all that high, and it is great to use especially if you’re just learning Arduino programming.
- Designed for kids to learn visual coding, building, and programming.
- Creates a flexible robot arm capable of complicated movements
- Easy to build
- The building instructions could use some work
Closing thoughts on robotic kits for Arduino
Arduino programming isn’t all that easy to master, so studying it in a way that is fun and feels rewarding is a good way to start.
That’s probably the reasoning behind Arduino-based robotics kits since once you are done making and programming the robot, you can go ahead and try your skills at more complex projects.