If you play games online, you know how important is to have a stable network connection. In order to do that, you’ll need a proper modem, and in today’s article, we’ll show you the best cable modems for gaming.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Top deals on cable modems for gaming
This modem comes with built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 capabilities that should provide you with great Internet speeds. The device is fully compatible with wireless routers so you’ll have no problems connecting any router with this device.
The modem delivers downstream speeds of up to 3.8Gbps and up to 1Gbps upstream speeds. There is also a single open and 3 masked 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports available.
- DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 support
- Downstream speed up to 3.8Gbps
- Upstream speed up to 1Gbps
- 1 open and 3 masked 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Minor issues that can be solved with a firmware update
TP-Link TC-7610 uses DOCSIS 3.0 standard and it provides download speeds up to 343Mbps and up to 143Mbps for upload. The modem fully supports both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols. Regarding the compatibility, this device is compatible with Comcast, Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Bright House ISPs.
The modem has a single 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet interface, so you can easily connect any router to it.
- DOCSIS 3.0 standard
- Download speeds up to 343Mbps
- Upload speeds up to 143Mbps
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet interface
- Few users reported firmware issues
ARRIS SURFboard SBG6950AC2
This cable modem comes with 16 download and 4 upload DOCSIS 3.0 channels and it supports both IPv4 and IPv6 standards. This device works best with cable Internet plans up to 300Mbps, and it’s fully compatible with Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and other major U.S. cable providers.
The modem has four 1Gbps Ethernet ports, as well as dual-band AC1900 built-in Wi-Fi.
- 16 download and four upload DOCSIS 3.0 channels
- Compatible with most U.S. cable ISPs
- Four 1Gbps Ethernet port
- Dual-band AC1900 Wi-Fi
- LEDs can be too bright for some users
- It can get hot after a while
NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600
This modem is compatible with Xfinity, Comcast, COX, and Spectrum ISPs, and it can work with provider plans for up to 400Mbps. This model has 24×8 channel bonding and support for DOCSIS 3.0 standard.
The modem is incredibly simple to set up and it works with all Wi-Fi routers. The device has a single 1Gbps Ethernet port that you can use to connect it to your PC or any other network hardware.
- Compatible with Xfinity, Comcast, COX, and Spectrum ISPs
- Works with plans up to 400Mbps
- 24×8 channel bonding, DOCSIS 3.0
- Single 1Gbps Ethernet port
- Minor issues with Spectrum and firmware
Asus Modem Router Combo
Asus Modem Router Combo is certified by Comcast Xfinity and Spectrum, and it supports DOCSIS 3.0 32×8. In addition, there’s a built-in dual-band AC2600 Wi-Fi, so won’t need any additional hardware.
Regarding the connectivity, the device has four Gigabit Ethernet ports and two USB 2.0 ports. As for the download speed, this modem supports download speeds up to 1.3Gbps.
- DOCSIS 3.0 32×8
- Certified by Comcast Xfinity and Spectrum
- Dual-band AC2600 Wi-Fi
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- Supports download speeds up to 1.3Gbps
- Random reboots and crashes for some users
Closing thoughts on best cable modems for gaming
There you go, these are the best cable modems for gaming, so be sure to consider them all and pick the best one according to your needs.