- If you're a hardcore gamer, then you have to check out our list of the best fan speed controllers.
- We provide you with an RGB case fans with unique RGB lighting effects in 16.8 million color.
- Below you can find another compact and very flexible 4-pin PWM fan controller with 4 pins.
- You can also find here an RGB fan control solution with affordable price tag.
Building a gaming PC is always exciting, especially when you add multiple RGB lights.
While the use of RGB lighting is a debatable topic, it is important that you have plenty of case fans to keep your PC cool all the time.
That said, adding multiple fans can become problematic if the motherboard does not have enough connectors to accommodate all the fans. This is where the fan speed controllers come in handy.
In this article, we have listed the best fan speed controllers to keep your PC cool while providing greater control over the case fans.
What are the best fan speed controllers to get?
- Beautiful RGB lighting effect
- No less than 3 Music Modes
- Wireless control.
- Synchronizable RGB Lighting via motherboard
- Reliable customer service
- Limited motherboards compatibility
Haven’t you heard of the GIM KB-23 RGB case fans? The GIM RGB case fans give you the chance to enjoy the unique RGB lighting effects in 16.8 million color.
Even more, the fans are designed with 3 different music modes and each music mode has its own lighting mode, which creates some visual and audio effects that enhance your gaming experience.
When it comes to the included RF wireless remote, keep in mind that it is perfect to adjust fan speed (S/M/H)/lighting effects/brightness/LED speed without even opening the case.
- Highly-flexible model
- Affordable fans speed controller for 4-pin PWM fans
- Can control up to 3 fans simultaneously
- No stop mode to avoid BIOS errors
- Extended 6-year manufacturer’s warranty
- No mounting adhesive included
Another great controller on this list is Noctua NA-FC. That’s a compact and highly flexible controller for 4-pin PWM fans.
The device works as a manual speed reducer or in tandem with the automatic motherboard fan control.
The built-in No stop mode prevents the fans from falling below the speed of 300rpm, which is crucial to avoid BIOS errors.
Even more, the Noctua NA-FC1 controller also includes a 3-way splitter cable for controlling up to 3 fans.
- Controls up to 4 RGB case fans
- LCD display to view fan speed and temperature
- Basic fan controller setup
- Dial Control
- Affordable price tag
- Poor quality knobs
Kingwin Performance is an affordable RGB fan control solution. It is a 4 channel fan controller with easy to use dial controls.
The built-in Wide LCD display shows fans’ speed and temperature for individual fans. The device is easy to install and fits any 5.25” front bay.
So, if you’re a tinkerer with your computer, this is definitely some equipment you’ll want to look into.
- Two NZXT RGB lighting channels
- No less than 80 LEDs total
- Three fan channels with max 10W per channel output
- Built-in noise detection module
- NZXT CAM application
- Only works with NZXT RGB
The NZXTAC-2RGBC-B1 RGB & fan controller is also worthy of your attention. it comes with two NZXT RGB lighting channels and up to 40 individually addressable LEDs per channel.
As for the three fan channels with max 10W per channel output and built-in noise detection module, they are also top-notch.
Even better, feel free to look for NZXT RGB LED accessories within each channel, including NZXT Underglow, LED strips in various lengths, and Aer RGB fans while syncing all lighting accessories across different channels.
- Bright 5.25” touch screen display
- Controls up to 5 RGB fans simultaneously
- Comes with all necessary cables to connect up to 5 fans
- Performance Mode
- Silent Mode
Thermaltake Commander FT is a touchscreen-based 5 channel Single bay cooling fan controller. You can control up to 5 RGB case fans with a touch.
It boasts a 5.25” touch screen display. The users can either use the auto mode to let the controller decide the fan speed or manual mode to take full control of your RGB fans.
Even more, Thermaltake Commander FT offers 3-Pin and 4-Pin connectors and supplies 10 Watts per channel.
As expected, fan speed controllers play a crucial part in keeping your gaming rig cool all the time.
Although we have listed from very basic to premium fan controllers here, pick a fan controller that suits your gaming rig’s needs. Then, let us know your choice in the comments area below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fan speed controllers are controllers specially designed to keep your PC cool while providing greater control over the case fans.
GIM KB-23 RGB is a great choice. For more options to pick from, check out this list including the best fan speed controllers.
Yes, they unfortunately do. You’ll feel the difference in the air movement too.