- Firewall routers are a must-have devices, and today we'll show you the best firewall router for medium business.
- The first thing that you should look for when buying a router is the number of ports.
- For enhanced security and privacy, we suggest using a router that offers VPN support.
- In case you're looking for best router for small business, you'll be pleased to hear that these models will work great in smaller networks as well.
Malware and virus protection is a crucial component for any business network, that’s why firewalls are known to be an essential tool in handling various types of malicious software threats.
However, the best combo for protecting the network of small or medium enterprises is a router with incorporated firewall. This kind of device ensures that the confidential data is secured against spam or unknown ISPs and is perfect for organizations with limited resources.
So, in this article, we’re going to analyze what are the best options for a best hardware firewall for medium business.
What are the best firewall routers for medium businesses?
- Highly efficient thanks to the Next-generation network protection
- Security Heartbeat unique feature for synchronized security
- Fast modular connectivity
This firewall router from Sophos offers optimal wireless connection, speed of up 5GHz, a Firewall of 3500 Mbps and a VPN with a capacity of 360 Mbps. No wonder this piece of equipment occupies the first spot on our list, since it’s a device that is perfect even for a small home office.
One element that will surely add an important layer of security to your online work is the next-generation firewall that is designed to reach 480 Mbps.
No internet security is complete without a high-quality antivirus and this firewall router apparently doesn’t fall short and comes with an Av Proxy of 450 Mbps.
What definitely stands out about this device is a one-of a-kind component, the Sophos Security Heartbeat, that can identify the source of an infection and limit access to other network resources.
- 4 Ethernet ports, 1 WAN port
- SPI firewall, port forwarding/triggering, DoS protection
- IPsec, PPT, and L2TP pass-through support
- Support for guest networks
- QoS support
- Wi-Fi performance could be better
Cisco RV160W comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and a single Ethernet/SFP WAN port. Wi-Fi support is available, and there’s 2×2 802.11ac Wave 1 Wi-Fi available.
The router has a guest Wi-Fi feature, so you can separate your Wi-Fi network in your office and protect your devices from unauthorized access. The device has IPsec VPN support, allowing you to encrypt all your traffic for maximum protection.
Cisco RV160W also has a business-grade firewall, so you can rest assured that only authorized applications and users can communicate with your business network.
- 4x Gigabit LAN, 1 WAN port, Dual WAN support
- 4×4 MIMO Omni-directional antenna
- Up to 800Mbps on 2.4GHz, up to 1.73Gbps on 5GHz
- Firewall, intrusion protection, denial-of-service protection
- Content filtering
- Minor firmware issues
Another great firewall router for medium businesses is Synology RT2600ac. The device comes with 4x Gigabit LAN ports and a single WAN port. It’s worth mentioning that the device has dual WAN support.
The router has 4×4 MIMO Omni-directional high gain antennas, and it supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. Regarding the speed, it can achieve up to 800Mbps on 2.4GHz, and up to 1.73Gbps on 5GHz.
Synology RT2600ac also has a built-in firewall, and it can work as a VPN server and provide encryption for all devices connected to your network.
- Highly secure VPN
- Speed testing
- Powerful firewall with filtering
- DoS defense
- Omada SDN support
- DHCP interface could be better
This is a great firewall router for medium business and it comes with five Gigabit ports in total. With this device, you can optimize bandwidth usage through one device using four available WAN ports.
Additional features include integrated Omada’s Software Defined Networking (SDN), cloud-based controller, and cloud access. As for security, there’s an advanced firewall available.
Also, there’s DoS protection, IP/MAC/URL filtering, speed tests, as well as a secure VPN that supports up to 20 LAN, 16 OpenVPN, 16 L2TP, and 16PPTP connections.
- Intrusion prevention (Source Fire Snort based)
- Network asset discovery and user identification
- Real-time diagnostic and troubleshooting over the web
- Advanced Security Licensed required
This firewall router comes with wireless connection combined in a device that provides LAN port bandwidth of up to 1000 Mgps and supports Cisco IOS operating system.
It allows content filtering, provides intrusion detection and prevention, and offers an Advanced Malware Protection feature.
With this device you get a firewall throughput of 450 Mbps and a VPN performance of 200Mbs.
One of the best characteristics is the auto VPN self-configuring site-to-site ability, an element which makes the router quite user friendly.
The firewall router is an easy to use device that offers complex and essential networking resources, connectivity and security, therefore small to medium business can take full advantage of its features.
Whether you have a home office or you own a space with a few employees we gave you some of the best solutions out there regarding these devices.
Tell us more about your experience and maybe drop us some recommendations by accessing the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re looking for a router for a small business, you might want to consider Linksys routers.
We would recommend Bitdefender antivirus since it comes with a firewall. You can also try any other software from our best firewalls article.
Yes, small business does need a firewall. For small business, you can also use firewall devices for home since they offer similar range of features.