Game capture cards add new functionality to your computer or gaming console. They are designed to record audio, video, and gameplay, so that you can show off to your friends or followers on the Internet.
In this article, we focused on finding the 5 best game capture cards for Twitch that you can buy from Amazon.
Some devices on this list even support live streaming on Twitch, OBS, XSplit, YouTube, RECentral, and other streaming services. And, if you’re lucky enough to find a card that delivers zero delays, you can play games while streaming.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
The original video’s resolution is preserved while recording since the device can’t change it. The recorded videos are saved to a USB stick.
- Supports gaming consoles like Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 4, and Playstation 3;
- Full HD 1080p video via HDMI input + 480p video via YpbPr (Component Video) input;
- Works with up to 128Gb USB flash drives and 2Tb hard drives;
- Microphone input for commentaries;
- Doesn’t support live streaming;
- Doesn’t connect to PCs;
- Works only with devices below HDCP 1.4 (copy protection);
- Can’t record in-game chat using the microphone;
Hauppauge’s HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition model is a portable and high-definition Personal Video Recorder (PVR) for gaming. It supports live streaming for Twitch and others.
Using this device, you can play games while recording since there are no delays. Plus, you can publish recorded videos on YouTube.
- Records 1080p HD videos with 30fps and H.264 encoding;
- HDMI and YpbPr (Component Video) support;
- Supports gaming consoles and computers;
- Streams your gameplay with Twitch, YouTube, OBS, and XSplit;
- HDMI video passthrough without latency;
- Microphone input for commentaries + built-in audio mixer;
- Facecam + custom logos while streaming;
- Blu-ray burning software not included;
- Can’t record video from HDMI with HDCP (copy protection);
- Doesn’t support 5.1 channel audio;
- Can’t be powered via USB;
With the Elgato HD60 game capture card from Corsair, you can record and stream your gameplay in full HD. It has integrated support for Twitch, YouTube, and others.
The device supports Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintento Switch (unencrypted HDMI) for the input, along with HDMI passthrough for the output.
- Record 1080p videos with 60fps;
- Supports USB 3.0 Type C to play games while recording with minimal delays (Instant Gameview);
- Add facecam, overlays, alerts, and others (Stream Command);
- Record videos retroactively (Flashback Recording);
- Live commentary support;
- Doesn’t support H.264 encoding;
- Some users have reported noticeable delays while recording + intermittent signal loss;
- Has some audio recording issues;
The Live Gamer from AVerMedia features 4K with 60fps HDR and Full HD 240fps support. The game capture card is ideal for video recording and live streaming. It can be used with various software applications such as Twitch, OBS, XSplit, and RECentral.
- 4Kp60 HDR recording, passthrough, and ultra-wide resolution;
- Live streaming support;
- Play uncompressed videos on PC monitors with no latency;
- 3 preset RGB lighting modes;
- 5.1 / 7.1 surround sound support;
- 4k video editing software included (CyberLink PowerDirector);
- Some users reported issues with the USB ports;
- Setup instructions can be complicated;
Magewell’s Pro Capture Quad HDMI is a feature-rich HD video capture card that can be used for recording videos and live streaming, including Twitch.
The card has a PCIe Gen2 x4 host interface and supports any DirectShow application. With a 10-bit video processing engine, it includes various video editing options, such as color adjustment, cropping, and deinterlace.
- 4 channels, 4 HDMI input ports, and 4 embedded audio
- Supports multiple streaming, including OBS, Twitch, and Skype
- Features unlimited recording
- Set up multiple devices on one host
- Input resolution up to 2048×2160 pixels
- Doesn’t capture 4K video
- Doesn’t support output devices
- A bit pricey
Conclusion on game capture cards for Twitch
Any game capture card from this list is suitable for recording your gameplay and streaming it on Twitch, OBS, YouTube, and others. But they distinguish themselves by feature set.
Therefore, you should carefully explore your options before deciding what to buy from Amazon to improve your overall gaming experience.