High-quality printers are dependable when it comes to handling large printing tasks around your home or office. But LaserJet printers can also be used for foiling.
Creating foiled designs is not possible with Inkjet inks because foil can only stick to laser printer ink after heating it. Ideally, your laser printer should work with thick paper used by artists and should print on A3 paper.
In this article, we handpicked the 5 best LaserJet printers that you can successfully use with your foil design and print projects. You can find all of them on Amazon.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best LaserJet printers for foiling projects?
Brother’s MFC-L2700DW LaserJet model is ideal for your foiling design and printing projects. It doesn’t support color printing, but it comes with a wide range of features for office and home usage alike. The flatbed printer is capable of processing up to 30 pages per minute.
- Multi-functional device: printer, scanner, copier, fax machine;
- Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, Mobile and USB connectivity;
- 250-sheet tray + 50-sheet automatic document feeder;
- Auto-Duplex printing;
- High-quality color scanning;
- Amazon Dash Replenishment automatically detects when you are low on toner and places a new order from Amazon;
- It has some network connectivity issues;
- Can’t continue printing once the low-toner message shows up;
The Brother HL-L6200DW model is a monochrome LaserJet printer, ideal for your foiling projects. It’s a high-speed printer that comes with an adjustable paper tray at a 520-sheet capacity. Pages can be printed with a resolution up to 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- Wireless and Ethernet connectivity;
- Mobile device printing;
- Automatic duplex printing;
- Advanced security features;
- 520-sheet capacity;
- Amazon Dash Replenishment detects when you are running out of toner and places a new order from Amazon;
- Can’t continue printing after the “low toner” message appears;
- Some users reported issues with the printer fuser, which makes indents on paper;
The Brother HL-L3230CDW LaserJet printer is also a great choice to help you handle your print foiled designs with ease. The digital color printer can print 25 pages per minute at professional quality. Its paper tray supports 250 sheets. The device is suitable for busy homes and small offices.
- High-speed printer;
- 250-sheet capacity;
- Duplex printing;
- Wireless, Ethernet, USB, built-in Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi Direct printing;
- Orders new toner from Amazon after it auto-detects a low-toner level (Amazon Dash Replenishment);
- Multiple users reported issues with faulty fuser rollers;
- The toner levels are sometimes inaccurate;
- The printer doesn’t stay connected to Wi-Fi all the time;
Samsung ProXpress M3820DW
The ProXpress M3820DW LaserJet printer from Samsung has versatile features to help you with foiling and other kinds of projects. Recommended for offices, it can print up to 40 pages per minute at 1200 x 1200 dpi, which results in a 2500-page volume per month.
- High-speed printing;
- 820-sheet capacity;
- AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Wi-Fi Direct printing;
- Duplex printing;
- Cost-saving printing solutions (Eco Mode);
- Multi-print management and monitoring;
- Some users reported that the printer gets jammed after several jobs;
- Issues with printing envelopes and legal-sized documents from the multi-purpose tray;
Canon imageCLASS MF247dw
Canon’s imageCLASS MF247dw LaserJet printer is multi-functional and works with foiling designs. In addition to a printer, it incorporates a scanner, copier and fax machine.
As such, it is not only suitable for offices but also busy homes. The device prints up 28 pages per minute. Only monochrome is supported.
- All-in-one functionality: print, scan, copy, and fax;
- Wireless printer and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity;
- 250 sheets (standard paper tray) + 1 sheet (multipurpose tray);
- Auto-Duplex printing;
- Some users reported issues with the scanner and fax machine;
- You might stumble upon wireless connectivity errors;
- Issues with setting up the Canon software for printers;
Conclusion on LaserJet printers for foiling
It’s not easy to find a reliable LaserJet printer that can not only handle your paper printing needs but also help you with DIY foiling projects. But we think that our five picks from this list deliver great results.
You can buy LaserJet printers at affordable prices from Amazon and use them to put together elaborate foiling designs, such as multi-colored metallic foil prints, gold foil place cards, silver foil wall art, stamped foil laser cards, or metallic foil pinwheels.