High-quality printers are dependable when it comes to handling large printing tasks around your home or office. But LaserJet printers can also be used for foiling.
Creating foiled designs is not possible with Inkjet inks because foil can only stick to laser printer ink after heating it. Ideally, your laser printer should work with thick paper used by artists and should print on A3 paper.
In this article, we handpicked the 5 best LaserJet printers that you can successfully use with your foil design and print projects.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best LaserJet printers for foiling projects?
- Multi-functional device (printer, scanner, copier, fax machine)
- Wireless, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, Mobile, and USB connectivity
- 250-sheet tray + 50-sheet automatic document feeder
- Auto-Duplex printing
- High-quality color scanning
- Low-toner message prevents further printing
Brother’s MFC-L2700DW LaserJet model is ideal for your foiling design and printing projects.
It doesn’t support color printing, but it comes with a wide range of features for office and home usage alike.
The flatbed printer is capable of processing up to 30 pages per minute.
- Wireless and Ethernet connectivity
- Mobile device / automatic duplex printing
- Advanced security features
- 520-sheet capacity
- Printer fuser indents the paper
The Brother HL-L6200DW model is a monochrome LaserJet printer, ideal for your foiling projects.
It’s a high-speed printer that comes with an adjustable paper tray at a 520-sheet capacity. Pages can be printed with a resolution up to 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- High-speed printer
- 250-sheet capacity
- Duplex printing
- Wireless, Ethernet, USB, built-in Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi Direct printing
- Toner levels are sometimes inaccurate
The Brother HL-L3230CDW LaserJet printer is also a great choice to help you handle your print foiled designs with ease.
The digital color printer can print 25 pages per minute at professional quality. Its paper tray supports 250 sheets.
The device is suitable for busy homes and small offices.
- High-speed Duplex printing
- 820-sheet capacity
- AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and Wi-Fi Direct printing
- Cost-saving printing solutions (Eco Mode)
- Multi-print management and monitoring
- Issues with printing envelopes and legal-sized documents from the multi-purpose tray
The ProXpress M3820DW LaserJet printer from Samsung has versatile features to help you with foiling and other kinds of projects.
Recommended for offices, it can print up to 40 pages per minute at 1200 x 1200 dpi, which results in a 2500-page volume per month.
- All-in-one functionality (print, scan, copy, and fax)
- Wireless printer and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity
- 250 sheets (standard paper tray) + 1 sheet (multipurpose tray)
- Auto-Duplex printing
- Might be tricky to set up Canon software
Canon’s imageCLASS MF247dw LaserJet printer is multi-functional and works with foiling designs. In addition to a printer, it incorporates a scanner, copier and fax machine.
As such, it is not only suitable for offices but also for busy homes. The device prints up 28 pages per minute. Only monochrome is supported.
It’s not easy to find a reliable LaserJet printer that can not only handle your paper printing needs but also help you with DIY foiling projects.
Nevertheless, we believe that our 5 picks from this list deliver great results.
What is your favorite product and why? Feel free to share with us via the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our recommendation goes to the Brother-manufactured HL-L3230CDW model. It’s perfect for creating foiled designs and unlike its siblings, it supports color printing.
Ideally, you would need a laser printer that can handle thick paper and A3 printing. Check out these best laser printers for foiling and get inspired.
No, you cannot create foiled designs with Inkjet printers simply because the foil will only stick to laser printer ink after heating.