How to reset Waste Ink Pad Counter for Epson printers [QUICK GUIDE]
Some Epson Printer users reported that their devices suddenly stopped printing files. Oftentimes, the issue in discussion regards the Ink Waste Pad being full.
The waste pad is a large foam sponge having the role is of absorbing the extra ink used while printing.
While trying to absorb the extra ink, the waste pad ensures that the microscopic holes in the print head don’t get clogged with dry ink.
When the waste pad accumulates too much ink, the printer’s security system stops allowing printing to continue.
Although the error message indicates that the waste pad is full, it’s actually only about half full and doesn’t need replacement.
In order to bypass this error message, you’ll need to reset the Ink Waste Pad, clean it or replace it.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you exactly how to reset the Ink Waste Pad.
Steps to reset Waste Ink Pad Counter on Epson Printers
Download the WIC utility needed to reset the waste pad.
The files in the provided link only work for L110, L210, L300, L350 and L355 Epson models.
- Extract the archived files using WinRar
- Open the .exe file in order to run the utility and select the Epson printer type
- After selecting the printer model, click OK
- In the Maintenance section, select Waste ink pad counter and press OK
- Make sure to have the box next to Main pad counter checked
- Click the Check button
- Select the Initialization button to reset the waste ink pad counter
We hope that our quick guide on how to reset Waste Ink Pad Counter for Epson models was of help for you.
Leave a comment in the comment section below if this helped you out.
In case your printer still doesn’t work, these troubleshooting guides may help you fix the problem:
- My printer is in an error state and I can’t print anything [SAFE FIX]
- Printer won’t print on Windows 10 [FIX]
Did you ever encounter Unable to join domain message on Windows 10? This can be a problem, but in today’s article we’ll show you how […]
Many Gears of War 5 players who tried to join ranked matches reported experiencing different issues. They keep on getting error 0x00000d6e when they trying […]