For those of you that don’t know, a noise-canceling microphone is a type of microphone that can easily disable ambient noises. This allows it to only record whatever is spoken right at it.
This makes them pretty handy in quite a number of activities. These include:
- Call center headsets
- Helicopter pilot headsets
- Racecar driver headsets
- Shipboard communications
- Video gaming Headsets
Without going into technical details as to how ambient noise cancelation works, suffice it to say that these microphones are great to use in noisy environments.
Taking that into consideration, here is a list of the top 5 noise-canceling microphones you can get from Amazon.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best noise-canceling microphones?
BLUE Condenser Microphone
Most applications for the BLUE involve studio work. The mic seems to be built very well and the sound quality and many customers praise the apparent solid design of the product.
- Features 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation.
- Lets you pick cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- Good for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, and much more
- There have been cases where the microphone would simply stop working
The HyperX QuadCast is probably the most niched product on our list, seeing that it is a microphone specially dedicated to gaming. However, what it lacks in versatility it more than makes up for in how well it gets the job done.
- Wireless convenience
- Immersive in-game audio
- Durable construction
- Not as specialized in studio recordings as other entries on this list
Plantronics Audio 995
As mentioned before, most noise-canceling microphones usually come with headphones included. With that being said, few headphones sets compare to the Plantronics Audio 995.
The selling point of this product is the free-range nature of the headphones, not just the mic itself. This makes the product excellent even for outdoor activities, as long as you don’t stray too far away from your sound source.
- Dual 40mm speakers deliver full-range stereo sound
- Wireless connection with 40-foot range
- Noise-canceling microphone with Fast Mic Mute feature
- Users reported interruptions when getting close to the max supported distance
The COWIN SE7 headset is a double-feature when it comes to noise cancelation, as both the headphones and the mic have this feature included.
This makes this incredibly stylish pair of headphones to be an excellent choice in noisy environments. This is because not only will ambient noises not bother you, but it won’t also bother those that you are talking to either.
- Professional Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) Technology
- Amazing Sound with AptX Hi-Fi Technology
- High-quality built-in microphone and professional protein earpad
- Some customers reported that the plastic joints can be a bit faulty
Jabra Evolve 75 UC
The Evolve 75 is a wireless headset that features superior Active Noise Cancellation to enhance your productivity. The dual connectivity to two Bluetooth devices allows you to take calls while listening to music from the same headset.
The wireless feature also offers plenty of freedom, since you can move up to 30m away from your smartphone or PC.
- Outstanding sound for calls and music
- Microphone frequency range 150 Hertz to 6.8 kiloHertz
- Various supported Bluetooth profiles
- Active noise cancellation
- Their construction is rather fragile
- Users reported frequent disconnections in wireless mode
Personal thoughts on noise-canceling headphones
As a gamer, I would wholeheartedly recommend using headsets and microphones while gaming.
The fact that you can give your teammates clear and precise instructions during online matches can mean the difference between victory or defeat.
More so, using them in-studio sessions for recordings also lets you take advantage of your innate crystal-clear voice.