Flying drones is one of the newest hobbies to hit the market in recent years, taking the place of kiting. However, unlike kites, drones are expensive, so carrying them around in a safe manner is mandatory.
That’s why dedicated backpacks for carrying drones exist, and they are build to keep all of a drone‘s fragile components safe from danger.
Since the market is full of these bags, we’ve decided to compile a list of what we think are the best drone backpacks that you can buy.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250
The inner straps are made to house a 15-inch laptop and 10-inch tablet safely, and it still has some extra room for some personal belongings.
- Flexible dividers securely house DJI Mavic Pro, transmitter, up to 5 extra batteries
- Can house 15 laptops and 10 tablets
- Additional space for Osmo and 2 Go Pros or mirrorless kit plus personal items
- Targeted lightweight protection
- The price tag
Lowepro Quad Guard BP X2
Not only does it have enough interior space for two drones, but the pockets, the way it unfolds and the durable design make it an excellent mobile repair and maintenance kit for your drone.
- Rigid lightweight shell
- Can carry 2 drones
- Inner straps and walls allow for great item organization
- Can be used as a mobile workshop
- Can’t house larger drones
Lowepro DroneGuard CS 300
Well, the Lowepro DroneGuard CS 300 is a drone backpack that is designed to carry everything that has to do with your drone, from the main body to the detachable parts, cables, remote and pretty much all other accessories.
- Can fit Parrot Bebop or similar drone, quadcopter or flying camera form factor and all of their parts
- The perfect solution for carrying, organizing, storing and protecting your drone gear and all essentials
- Lightweight, yet sturdy composite-shell construction
- A lightly padded back-pad includes attachable back-pad straps.
- Use for treks out to your flying location
- Includes dedicated storage for blades, props, GoPro or other action video camera, batteries, cables, etc
- Not suitable to carry the transmitter as well
Lowepro QuadGuard BP X3
Not only can it house a drone and all of its accessories and spare parts, but it also has special housing locations for laptops and other personal items.
- Purpose-built for FPV
- Space for a 15″ Laptop
- Your Mobile Workshop
- Interior storage for 1 quad with up to 5” props attached
- Exterior mounting locations and straps for up to 3 additional quads
- The price tag
Endurax ShellX P01
depending on how you organize the interior, you can use it to carry a Large DSLR
- Specialized zone compatible with DJI Mavic 2, Mavic Air, Mavic Spark, Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum etc
- Specialized protective and detachable layer to prevent drones from shaking
- All dividers in this camera bag are totally detachable and customizable.
- Features a PVA front armored panel both upper and lower compartment
- One side-flip pocket for photography or drone tools and accessories
- An accessory organization pad to fit cable and propellers
- It has a 17″ laptop compartment and suspended a 10″ tablet
- A bit too bulky
Closing thoughts on racing drone backpacks
If you’re an avid drone fan, then you’ll want to have it everywhere with you and carry it in a safe and secure manner.
If that’s the case, knowing what backpack to buy is essential, and if it comes with a little extra room to carry things, then it’s even better.