Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
As much as it hurts to admit, it will soon become apparent that the golden age of selfie sticks is coming to an end.
There is a new trend for taking selfies and it has taken the world by storm. Welcome to the new era of Drone selfies, a way to capture photos using selfie drones.
With a selfie, you don’t have to extend your arms to take photos, nor will you need a stick to position your phone’s camera. Just toss the drone in the air, smile, and let the drone take pictures of you and your loved ones.
There is nothing more captivating to tech nerds and selfie enthusiasts that seeing a selfie drone in action. Its dynamics is what makes it look like a science fiction concept.
You throw the drone in the air, it positions and takes pictures of you and your friends, then it falls back to your hands, folds and goes back to your pocket. And the good thing; you don’t need super educated thumbs or the technical know-how of an MIT graduate to operate it.
In addition to a quick snap, you can use the drone to capture a selfie video of you and your friends at the center of a vast landscape. In this article, we’ll discuss the best selfie drones in the market that you should buy.
Which are the best selfie drones on the market?
- The Drone incorporates new flight technologies and features
- The drone can do stunts like 360° flip and trajectory flight
- You can take clear Photos/Videos at high altitudes
- Features a 1080p HD camera for great selfies
- The company's return policy needs improvements
Selfies need to be done right, but if you want them to stand out, a crazy angle and clear imagery should just about do it.
That’s what you will get if you choose to buy the Oloey drone since it is perfectly capable of aerial acrobatics like any other drone, but the 1080p camera will ensure quality pictures wherever you go.
Besides, you can control it via phone, and you always know exactly how a selfie will look before you even shoot it.
- Incredibly affordable given the specs
- The drone automatically takes off and lands with one click
- Equipped with 720P HD Camera can take aerial photos and videos
- On altitude hold mode, you can accurately lock the height and location
- The camera isn't as good as other entries from out list
Selfies are one thing, but if you also want to shoot the occasional video, then the Eachine Mini drone is what you need, thanks to its high-quality camera and the flight stabilizing features that allow it to stay in one place over long periods of time.
Thanks to this, not only will your photos end up as clear as possible, but your recorded videos won’t look shaky either.
More so, the built-in controls are tailored towards beginners, so if this is your first drone of any kind, you won’t have trouble using it at all.
- Can be controlled via smartphone without a dedicated controller
- Incredibly small and portable
- Great camera quality
- Fast recharge times
- Very delicate build, so try not to crash it into things while flying
Just like how selfie sticks are basically telescopic batons so that they can be as portable as possible, the SIMREX X300C Mini drone is a foldable drone of such minute sizes, carrying it in your pocket will not be a problem at all.
However, this doesn’t mean that it is any less efficient compared to its bigger brothers since it features a high-quality camera, and the ability to control it via your Android or iOS phone, without a dedicated controller.
More so, even if the battery dies out, you can charge it back up to 100% in 8-10 minutes, so you can play around with it with as little downtime as possible.
- Easy aerial controls
- 120-degree wide-angle camera
- Incredibly foldable and easy to travel with
- 720p HD camera that is great for taking pictures and filming
- Doesn't fly very well if it is too windy
Many drones can be used to take selfies, but few models can pull off videos and panoramic shots like the Eachine quadcopter drone.
This mini drone features a wide-angle camera that allows you to film or take landscape photography to the next level, making it great to take around when you’re at the beach, in the mountains, or anywhere with a great view.
Taking it with you is made all the easier thanks to the folding arms that make it extremely compact when packaged.
- Images and videos will be stored in both the app and the mobile album system
- Operate your drone through an APP after connecting the Wi-Fi to your phone
- Aerodynamic design makes it easier to fly
- Features a Wi-Fi FPV 720P HD camera
- Not very good at hovering
Flying your drone can be extremely fun, so it’s easy to get carried away and fly it until the battery runs out over and over.
Well, if longer flight sessions are what you are looking for, then the Holy Stone HS160 Shadow is the mini drone that you need in your life.
Featuring a sleek and modern design, this mini drone will take some of the best pictures and selfies you’ve ever seen, and store them in 2 different locations for safekeeping.
So there you have it, the top selfie drones to buy. These selfies drones are not toys; they each have an inbuilt flight controller to keep them stable and an unwavering propulsion system to keep them aloft.
Some of these drones have very powerful cameras capable of capturing photos and videos at 4K resolution.
Though most of them are limited by battery life, considering that even the best on the list cannot capture video for more than 30 minutes, we hope that the new entrants in the drone space will fix the problem.
What do you think about the future of selfie drones? Let us hear your thoughts in the comments section below.