If you spot an odd-looking pixel on your computer’s screen, this might be a stuck pixel or a dead one. Here’s the difference: a stuck pixel appears in any of the colors that its three sub-pixels can for and this means, blue, red or green; on the other hand, in a dead pixel, all its sub-pixels are permanently off, and this makes it look black. There are some cases in which even a black pixel may just be stuck there.
Either way, there are ways to fix this. If you see a colored or white pixel, you will be able to fix this, and if you see a black one, chances are little, but there’s still hope out there. And, on the other hand, a dead pixel may not always be as dead as you think it is, that’s why we’re using the term ‘fixing dead pixels’.
We picked out five of the best software to fix a stuck pixel (that sometime may seem dead), so make sure you check out their sets of features to know what you can expect from these programs.
Best software to fix stuck pixel that you can use in 2018
LCD Pixel Fixer software
Even if your computer’s monitor seems to be working just fine, there may still be some dead pixels just lingering these that you’re unaware of because they only show up in a single color. Anyway, it can be pretty annoying to have dead pixels on your computer’s screen.
You will be able to see them by showing different colors while you’re in full-screen mode. To know if you have any dead pixels, just create various JPEG files of different colors for your screen resolution and display. You can also try this utility called LCD Pixel Fixer because it comes with the following features and advantages:
- The LCD Pixel Fixer software keeps on changing the color of your screen with the delay that you can define yourself.
- All you have to do is enter the delay in milliseconds on the screen that you get right after opening the app and after this just press Enter or click on Proceed.
- In order to exit the program, all you need to do is press the Esc button.
- To change the delay time, just press Space.
You can download LCD Pixel Fixer software now and give it a go to see how it works for your computer’s monitor.
Rizonesoft Pixel Repair 0.6.9.691
Rizonesoft Pixel Repair 0.6.9.691 is a tiny tool that you can use to detect and fix stuck pixels on your flat LCD screen. It’s important to note that this software will not bring completely dead/black pixels back to life, but it will successfully work if they are simply stuck on a particular color. Even if the market is filled with such software, there are just a few programs packed with all the necessary functions, and this is one of the few. Check out the best features and functionalities that are included in Rizonesoft Pixel Repair 0.6.9.691:
- You will be able to use the Dead Pixel Locator section on Pixel Repair in order to look for dead or stuck pixels.
- You can also use the section to help you find dirty spots or dust when you are cleaning your screen; dust will not show on all colors, usually.
- After you located stuck pixels, you will be able to repair the issue using Rizonesoft Pixel Repair 0.6.9.691.
- All you have to do is set the color mode, press Go and place the flashy window under the stuck pixel.
- This should unstick the pixel.
The software is compatible with Windows, and it has only 2.1 MB. Download Rizonesoft Pixel Repair 0.6.9.691 to see how it works on your computer’s screen.
JScreenFix will not help you find a stuck pixel, but this tool will definitely help you fix one. This tool will load a black browser window with a square of flashing pixels. All you have to do is press the green button that you can see in the bottom right to go full-screen. After that, drag the flashing square to the location where you found the stuck pixel and leave it there for about 10 minutes. Here are the best features that you’ll find in this tool:
- It explains and shows you the essential details on stuck pixels.
- The software can repair most stuck pixels in less than 10 minutes.
- JScreenFix fixes most screens, and it’s suitable for LCD and OLED.
- The best thing about JScreenFix is that it’s free and easy to use so that anyone can benefit from it.
- All you’ll have to do to fix the annoying problem is to simply drag the pixel fixer over the stuck pixel, and that’s it.
- The online app reports a success rate of more than 60% when it comes to restoring stuck pixels on your computer’s monitor.
Go to JScreenFix’s official website and launch the app to see it fixing you stuck pixels.
This tool lets you “try to fix dead, stuck or hot pixels by yourself, before running back to the store”, this is their motto. A faulty pixel that is displaying the color white all the time is called a hot pixel. You can get this software for Windows for free and here are the main details that you need to know about it:
- You will get the chance to use the free InjuredPixels portable app in order to check your screen or tablet for dead or stuck pixels.
- Download and run PixelHealer without having to install anything.
- You can cover the dead pixel with the color window and click on Start Flashing.
- Let the flashing window run for a bit, and then check to see if the dead pixel has been fixed or revived (which would mean that it was only stuck).
- This handy tool uses the already successfully tested concept that involves that flashing RGB colors over a dead/stuck pixel revive it.
- You will get the chance to use the mouse or resize the flashing window.
- You can also use the intuitive settings to change the flashing colors or the interval.
- This software can be successfully used on LCD or TFT screens, on desktop monitors, laptops and tablets as well.
- PixelHealer comes with a really intuitive and effortless to use interface.
The app can close automatically after a specified period of time. Head over to Aurelitech’s PixelHealer’s official website to get the app and test it on your computer.
Pixel Doctor is a lightweight Windows freeware that was developed to help users fix stuck pixels on their LCD monitors. This software can be considered as more appropriate for users who are a bit more experienced, but on the other hand, it relies on a really friendly approach. All the options are displayed in just a single window. Check out the best features and functionalities of this tool:
- You don’t have to configure lots of settings in Pixel Doctor, and this can only be good news for users who are looking for quick and simple solutions.
- You will be able to choose the test color, and this is really important if you are trying to deal with stuck pixels.
- You can also pick from two different types of tests, cycle or single.
- All the tests can be launched in full-screen mode for the best results, and you’ll have dedicated options to choose full screen and location methods.
- The software comes with something named “therapies” which are quick color changes that help you get rid of stuck pixels.
- The software is really lightweight, and it won’t slow down your computer’s performance at all.
This is an interesting app that will be able to fix stuck pixels most of the times, so it’s definitely worth trying. Download Pixel Doctor to see how it works on your screen.
There are our five best choices for software that can find and fix stuck or apparently dead pixels. They all come with their unique capabilities and sets of features, so make sure to check them out. Of course, there’s also the manual technique for finding a dead or stuck pixel.
All you have to do is turn off your monitor, get a damp cloth that won’t scratch your screen and apply pressure where the stuck pixel is without applying pressure anywhere else (because this may create more stuck pixels). While applying pressure, turn on the computer and screen and remove the pressure. Usually, the stuck pixel should be gone, but if it isn’t, feel free to try the tools that we listed above. Good luck!
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: