If you already have a condenser microphone and you’re looking for an amazing sound card to pair it up with, then you’ve came to the right place.
As you already know, a condenser mic already offers a high-fidelity recording environment. But if you want to take your experience to the next level, you’ll need an audio interface with spot on features and options.
An audio interface or sound card can help you improve the audio quality and better control your inputs/outputs so you can get the best out of your recordings.
If you’re in the market for a new sound card, check out these awesome dedicated devices and choose the one that best fits your needs.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
BEHRINGER Audio Interface
If your an audiophile or you’re just an audio enthusiast, you certainly heard of BEHRINGER. They’re in the audio market for some time, and have some great products.
BEHRINGER U-Phoria UMC404HD is one of the cheapest audio interfaces out there that offers amazing value for the money.
Besides the fact that is compatible with recording software as Ableton Live, Avid Pro Tools, Steinberg Cubase, and many others, it also has a lot of professional features.
- You can record microphones and instruments with the 2×2 USB audio interface.
- A maximum sampling rate of 48 kHz.
- Minimum latency streaming of 2 inputs/outputs.
- XENYX Mic Preamp +48 V-powered.
- Slight sound degradation over time.
- Occasional faulty inputs.
A lot of buyers recommend this audio interface for its amazing build and great value for the money.
Sound Blaster Z PCIe
Sound Blaster Z PCIe Gaming sound card is the perfect upgrade for a beginner that want to take it to the next level.
Despite the fact that it is a gaming sound card, Sound Blaster Z PCIe has a lot of neat features and can help you record high-fidelity sounds from your condenser microphone.
Furthermore, it also includes an external high quality dual-microphone array for improved voice quality.
- State of the art audio and voice technologies like Sound Core3D Audio Processor.
- SBX Pro Studio sound technologies.
- Offers 116dB SNR, gold-plated I/O connectivity, and Sound Blaster Control Panel.
- Driver optimization is not on point in Windows 10.
- Customer support isn’t great.
The great majority of customers are happy with the performance of this sound card and the features that it offers, especially when it comes to volume.
Sound BlasterX G6 Hi-Res
Sound BlasterX G6 Hi-Res is another great option for those who want to enjoy high-quality sound and recording.
It is well built, it has a lot of ports, and it can also be used with a lot of different devices, including PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC.
Sound BlasterX G6 Hi-Res is the middle ground between entry level sound cards for beginners and advanced sound card for professionals.
- Combines a virtual 7.1 32-bit/384kHz.
- 130dB USB Digital Audio Converter (DAC).
- Voice volume balancing.
- Supports hi-res PCM and DoP audio formats.
- Ocasional incompatibility with Microsoft Surface devices.
Sound BlasterX G6 Hi-Res looks very good, and that’s the main reason that so many buyers recommend it. Also, the sound and build quality are major difference makers.
Mackie Big KNOB Studio
If you’re looking for a professional sound card to pair with your condenser microphone, Mackie Big KNOB Studio is one of the best on the market.
It offers top-notch features that would satisfy not only a dedicated audiophile, but also a professional studio. It’s worth mentioning that is compatible with all major DAWs on both Mac and Windows.
- It has 3 sources and 2 monitor pairs.
- 2×2 USB recording interface.
- It includes two boutique-quality onyx mic preamps, with phantom power for condenser microphones.
- It also has traction recording software.
- The build quality is only OK, which translates into a somewhat short lifetime.
The classic Big Knob is one of it’s main attractions. The majority of the buyers recommend it for that reason, and for the great audio interface and monitor controller.
Apollo Twin MKII Duo
We can’t talk about sound cards for condenser microphones without mentioning the Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Duo (APLTWDII).
This is a professional tool with very advanced features, premium build, and a price to match it.
If you’re looking for the best audio interface out there and you don’t have a problem paying a little extra for it, than Apollo Twin MKII Duo is the right option for you.
- 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface.
- 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion.
- Real-time UAD processing.
- Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output, 8 channels of digital input, 2 premium mic/line preamps.
- Runs UAD powered plug-ins
- The Thunderbolt cable is sold separately.
- Compatibility issues on Windows.
- The price.
Many customers are very happy with their purchase and recommend Apollo Twin MKII Duo for its build quality, premium features, and amazing audio quality.
Final thoughts on sound cards for condenser mics
Although there are many sound cards on the market, not all of them work well with condenser mics. Also, many of them are really expensive.
That’s why these offers are the perfect opportunity to get some amazing audio gear at a great discount. Be sure to check all the products on our list and choose the one that best fits your budget and your needs.