- Eager to know what type of microphone is best for vocals? It can be nothing less than the best studio microphone.
- You needn't spend a fortune on it either as we also ranked studio microphones for recording vocals on a budget.
- At home, on your computer and pretty much anywhere - there is no task that the best microphone for studio vocals cannot handle.
The beauty of items that can be used in a dedicated field is that when you search for them, you more or less know that they should have some basic specs that make them good for that particular job.
Such would be the case with studio microphones, as you know that all microphones that have that tag will have everything needed to make them more than good for use in studios.
If you work for a radio station or are simply looking to open up your own personal recording studio, podcast station, or streaming setup, then a studio microphone is the right type of microphone for you.
Note: All the prices and offers in this article are subject to change, so be sure to check the official product page to get the latest deal. If the product or offer you’re looking for is no longer available, you can try to find it on its official manufacturer page or get another one from our list.
What is the best studio microphone?
- Boasts 3 condenser capsules that can record almost any situation
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, and more
- Compatible with all major Windows OS versions
- Legendary Blue Broadcast sound
- Some customers find the mic’s life expectancy to be questionable
The BLUE mic is already a resounding name, as it also holds a top spot as far as condenser microphones go in general.
The robust metallic body, as well as the incredible price-to-quality ratio, make it a customer favorite on Amazon already.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
The four distinct pickup patterns offer you the chance to record and stream in ways that would normally require multiple microphones.
- Package includes a microphone, shock mount, adjustable suspension scissor arm stand, table mounting clamp, pop filter, windscreen, 3.5mm XLR cable and manual
- TONOR offers a 12-month repair or replacement warranty and a 30-day hassle-free return policy
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Great for all manner of recording sessions
- Needs an additional power supply that has to be bought separately
The TONOR XLR Condenser Microphone Kit comes in a package that contains almost all the accessories that you would need besides the actual microphone for a good studio recording session.
While each individual product in the package may not be all that impressive, the price is incredibly low considering everything you will be getting.
- Great price to performance ratio
- Ideal for both professional project, as well as home studio applications
- Cardioid polar pattern
- High spl handling
- Doesn’t come with an XLR cable
The Audio-Technica AT2020 boasts a rugged construction for durable performance while offering a wide dynamic range and handling high SPLs with ease.
Most customers described the difference between top-end microphones and this one as simply nothing more than a matter of price.
- Ball-type anti-wind foam
- Can capture rich
- Good cardioid pickup output
- High sensitivity
- Some user report that the sound may sometimes echo without reason
The Neewer NW-800 uses a precision electronic circuit to eliminate crossover distortion and harmonic distortion.
It also has a good cardioid pickup output and high sensitivity with low noise and a wide dynamic range.
It also comes in a fashionable design, with a noble and elegant appearance, while still being sturdy and durable.
- Improved performance
- Can provide better sound for studio recording, vocals, instruments, podcasts than the previous version
- Comes bundled with a complete set of mic accessories
- Cardioid pick-up pattern
- Some users have reported issues with the mic’s ability to pick up sound, even at max volum
The ZINGYOU ZY-007 microphone presents itself as a leading condenser microphone solution for delivering high-quality sounds for memorable recordings.
This mic comes in yet another affordable bundle that can be considered an all-in-one package.
The ZINGYOU ZY-007 features extremely quiet self-noise. This amazing condenser microphone is a cardioid pick-up pattern, which is the most widely used pattern in professional microphones.
If you plan to seriously invest in studio work, then you better make sure you have the right equipment for the job.
While studio microphones can be a bit costly, they eventually are well worth the investment once you see how your customers appreciate the pristine sound quality.