The Portable Document Format (PDF) is a very popular file format that allows users to create, edit and present documents independently of the software, hardware, and operating systems used by the recipients. The PDF file format was developed in the 1990’s as a solution to share documents among computer users who used incompatible platforms.
Nowadays, there are many PDF viewer tools you can choose from to edit and view PDF files. As always, when too many options are available, it becomes very difficult for users to choose one. To make this task easier for you, we’ve created a list of the best Windows 10 PDF viewer tools available in the Windows Store.
Best PDF viewer tools for Windows 10
Nitro Free PDF reader (recommended)
Nitro PDF reader is one of the most famous PDF-related tools. Used by over 600,000 companies, it truly deserves the first position in this list. Starting with 2 weeks of trial period and finishing with all the features that are opened once you get the paid version, this software worth all your attention. Here are some of the key features you’ll love :
- You’ll be able to create PDF files from over 300 file formats
- You can customize your PDF documents: colors, orientation, page size, quality
- Automatic display of digital signatures, comments or bookmarks , and their prioritization
- Creation of your own signature by taking a photo or scanning the signature
- Full output compatibility with other PDF readers
- Makes the teamwork on the same document more easy by adding multiple user layers (comment, bookmarks, signatures)
The tool can be downloaded for free (the trial version I was talking about, folks) from Nitro’s official website. However, to unlock all the features for a full user-experience you can buy it from here a $220 price tag.
Xodo PDF Reader & Editor
The Xodo PDF Reader is a very powerful tool, offering a wide range of features from viewing and editing PDF files, to converting your photos into PDF documents. Another interesting feature is the presence of the Night Mode for comfortable PDF reading in dark environments.
Other features include:
- Bookmark pages for future reference
- Use the table of contents to jump to chapters and sections
- Draw and type text directly on the PDF
- Insert, rearrange, and delete pages in PDF documents
- Fill out, save, and send PDF forms
- Optimized for styluses.
You can download the Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from the Microsoft Store.
PDF Annotation Lite
This tool focuses mainly on editing PDF files, but you can also use it simply for viewing PDF documents. PDF Annotation Lite allows you to draw on PDF docs, add different shapes or text, and edit elements by changing their color, size, transparency, and location. We dare say it’s the Photoshop of PDF readers.
If you’re curious, download the tool from the Windows Store.
Soda PDF 3D Reader
As its name suggests it, this tool allows you to view your PDF files in 3D. You can simply flip through the pages of a PDF document just like you would with a real paper book, and there’s no need to transform the files into another format. You can also view your PDF files in regular modes, such as: single, continuous, facing and facing continuous.
And the list of features doesn’t end here, you can also:
- Mark your document by highlighting, underlining, and strikethrough.
- Add Shapes, use the Pen tool, and add Text to your document.
- Convert your PDF documents into Microsoft Word format, allowing you to edit all aspects of the document.
Give it a try and download the Soda PDF 3D Reader from the Windows Store.
This powerful PDF tool allows users to open documents from local storage and from the Internet. You can zoom in and out, and search for specific words in the text. Navigation is very easy and smooth, you can use the scroll mode or use the navigation keys.
Also, you can add bookmarks to make it easier to locate important information. You can the download PDF Viewer from the Windows Store for free.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you’re interested in other PDF software, check out our wide collection of guides.