With rugged hard drives, the keyword is more — more hardy, more shockproof, more water-resistance, more dustproof — everything is more.
This is the word on every photographer’s, videographer’s, researcher’s, journalist’s, or deejay’s lips when hunting for a rugged hard drive.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Sometimes, some of the deals listed in our guides may no longer be available by the time you hit the buy button. So, hurry up and grab them while they’re hot. Check out more Black Friday deals:
What are the best rugged hard drive deals?
- It resists drops even from 4 feet, dust, water, pressure, shock
- It comes with a built-in password protection
- Uses USB 3.0, usually 4 x faster than ordinary USB 2.0 (But it’s still USB 2.0 compatible)
- 1 TB storage at 5400 rpm (rotational speed)
- It must be handled gently
Among the all-time best rugged hard drives is the monstrous LaCie 1TB Portable hard drive.
It’s a robust hard drive with a built-in ability to impressively fight back and overpower any attempts by drops, shocks, and water to mess up your data.
- 360 degrees Protection: water and dust-resistant (IP55), shockproof. Can survive 2-meter drops on concrete.
- Greater Durability: Its reinforced solid state core guarantees lasting service.
- Slim: The hard drive is compact and perfect size for the pocket.
- USB Type-C: The drive works with the super-fast USB type C port. (Still USB-A Compatible)
- The drive must be formatted
This SanDisk Extreme rugged Portable SSD typically delivers high-speed transfers (up to 550 Megabytes per second read speeds).
This explains why it’s a favorite of photographers and video editing professionals.
Plus, you can trust its solid state technology with all your creative designs thanks, especially to its standout shock resistance.
- High-speed Transfers: It rapidly moves extra-large files (even 4GB) to and from devices
- PS4 / XBox Compatibility: One of the best for gaming enthusiasts (supports various versions of Xbox & PS4s)
- All-around Data Protection: Shockproof and water-resistant
- Cable-carry Design: Stores the cable easily so you won’t worry about missing cables
- Not exactly plug and play
The manufacturer promises and delivers a high-end military-grade shockproof and water-resistant hard drive in the silicon rugged portable hard drive.
The ultra-rugged rubber casing combines with a resilient internal suspension system to implement a super-power like buffer effect. And so all efforts by dust, fall, and water to destroy your files fail miserably.
- Shock-resistant: Doesn’t budge under any circumstances
- Interconnectivity: choose the popular USB 3.0 or the good old USB 2.0 depending on the device
- Fast data transfers: It offers swift data transfer thanks to the extreme rotation speed
- High Capacity: It delivers 2 TB of clean storage
- Hardware encryption: More security for your files
- The driver must be formatted for Mac users
From Western Digital comes this high-performance, universal connectivity rugged hard drive.
It packs thoughtful features such as foolproof password protection, an auto backup software for convenience, and a premium finishing.
- USB 3.0 Compatible: Universal connectivity for PCs
- Military grade ruggedized protection
- Hardware Encryption: This delivers more security against unauthorized access
- Water (IPX3 standard ) , dust (IP5X), and shock resistant
- Integrated USB cable: Easy to plug in and convenient
- There is no USB-C cable
One of the most versatile options in our Black Friday rugged hard drive deals, this rugged hard drive comes with its unique wrap-around USB data cable.
It, in addition, uses the built-in NFC technology to permit you to unlock and access the stored files conveniently using the accompanying smart card. You, therefore, don’t have to cram passwords.
Rugged hard drives offer the best degree dust, water, and fall resistance. They thus withstand harsh conditions including extreme temperatures so your files are pretty much protected.
Frequently Asked Questions
Take a closer look to our best rugged hard drivers deals in order to better store in time your data.
A very good hard drive is one with a capacity of at least 1TB, so be sure to check out our best 1TB external hard drivers deals.
There are several good external hard disk brands on the market. For instance, for gaming enthusiasts check our best external HDD to run games off of.