How to enable Black Theme in Office 2016
If you have a white-collar job, then most likely you spend hours on end in front of your computer’s screen. This activity can be very strenuous for your eyes, especially if the Office package is your best friend at work.
Spending too much time gazing at a white screen can have unpleasant consequence for your eyes: they can get dry, itchy, or red. You can indeed reduce the strain on your eyes by enabling darker Office themes. Microsoft Office 2016 comes with two such themes, Dark Grey and Black, that help you protect your eyes if you spend long hours on front of you computer’s screen.
Turn on Black Theme in Office 2016
Enable Black Theme for a particular Office program:
- Launch the Office program you want to enable the Black theme for
- Go to the File Menu
- Select Options
- Go to Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office
- Select Black in the drop-down menu and click on OK.
Enable Black Theme for all Office program:
- Launch any Office program
- Go to the File Menu
- Select Account
- Go to Office Theme and select Black in the drop-down menu
- The Black theme is now enabled for all your Office programs.
The three other themes, Colorful, Dark Grey and White are still available in Office 2016, and you can enable them at any time.
The Black theme is one of the most popular features Microsoft recently introduces. Four other apps now support the dark theme: Windows 10 Maps, the Feedback Hub, Microsoft Edge and Outlook for Windows 10 Mobile.
Have you already tried out the dark theme in Windows 10? Tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- UAC dialog now supports Dark Mode in Windows 10
- How to enable Dark Mode in Windows 10
- Update KB3185852 resolves various vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office
We’re back with another piece of good news for Windows 10 users. Update KB4497934 (OS Build OS 17763.529) is here and it brings important changes […]
Microsoft rolled out the Windows 10 v1903 update and by now a lot of users are trying the new set of features and options included […]
With the Windows 10 May Update, there came a series of bugs and issues that are hard to digest for some. Microsoft is working on […]