If the ordinary look of Windows 10’s user interface already has you bored, you can change the theme and refresh it. Since the release of the Anniversary Update, Microsoft made the option to switch to the Dark mode available to all users.
The Dark theme will apply to all elements of Windows 10 but based on our experience, you’ll mostly see it in the Settings app. Switching to the Dark mode is extremely easy, requiring just a few mouse clicks. Once you switch to Dark mode, you’ll be able to activate White mode at any time in case you don’t like the new look.
How to switch to the Dark theme in Windows 10
To switch from the default white theme to the Dark mode, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Open Personalization
- Go to Colors
- Now just choose Dark mode at the bottom of the screen
The ability to choose between dark and white modes has been present on Windows 10 Mobile (and even Windows Phone 8.1) for quite some time, but Microsoft finally decided to bring it to Windows 10 for PC as well. When it comes to PCs, Microsoft Edge already had this option way before it was added to the system overall, but something apparently prevented Microsoft from delivering the dark mode to the rest of the system until now.
The option, of course, was originally available to Windows 10 Insiders only, but as the Anniversary Update is now publicly available, all users who want to try the new dark mode are now able to.
Do you like the new Dark mode on your Windows 10 PC? Tell us in the comments below!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK:
- Users can’t employ SD-cards to install Anniversary Update on low-storage devices
- Windows 10’s Get Started app tells you everything about the Anniversary Update
- Users can’t log in after upgrading to the Anniversary Update
- How to opt out of Insider Preview Program after Anniversary Update
- Still haven’t upgraded to Windows 10? Here’s a new work around