The reports suggest that they are forced to play with the default language settings.
The players are finding it difficult to play Borderlands 3 and they want to change the default language. By the look of things, the problem affects all users irrespective of their geographical regions.
Even though there is no option available by default, you can still fix the language issue with the help of some settings tweaks.
One player asked about the same in a Reddit thread.
Hi there, is there a way to change the game‘s language?
In this article, you are going to find out how you can change the language in Borderlands 3.
Steps to change the default language in Borderlands 3
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Select the Settings icon > go to Borderlands 3.
- Open the drop-down menu and check the Additional Command Line Arguments option.
- To select English as a default language, type -culture=en in the text box available below.
Note: You can replace en with the codes for other languages. If you want to change the language to Spanish type -culter=es. The list of codes is available below.
- (English) -culture=en
- (French) -culture=fr
- (Italian) -culture=it
- (German) -culture=de
- (Spanish) -culture=es
- (Russian (text only)) -culture=ru
- (Japanese) -culture=ja
- (Brazilian Portuguese (text only)) -culture=pt-BR
- (Korean) -culture=ko
- (Simplified Chinese) -culture=zh-Hans-CN
- (Traditional Chinese) -culture=zh-Hant-TW
It remains to be seen when the developers provide a built-in option to fix this major problem in Borderlands 3. They need to work on this feature on a priority basis because it affects the overall user experience.
Moreover, there are a large number of reports about other problems related to Borderlands 3.
Speaking of issues, you should consider running an FPS software if you are frequently encountering some major game issues. It will help PC gamers to identify the root cause of the bugs.
- Full Fix: Steam Games Fail to Launch on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- Fix Origin error code 23 with these steps
- How to change Gears 5 game language