Something went wrong Epic Games Launcher error [FULL FIX]
We’re all familiar with Epic Games and their game client called the Epic Games Launcher, but some users have experienced the Something went wrong with Epic games.
The cause behind this issue can vary from permission, network connection, or even the game client being corrupted. But luckily, we have a few solutions for you.
How can I fix Something went wrong Epic Games error?
1. Log-out and login
- This solution involves you exiting whichever game you’re playing and logging out of the Epic Game Launcher.
- Wait for a couple of moments, and log back into the launcher.
2. Firewall permission
- From your Start Menu select Control Panel.
- Select Windows Firewall, and click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- The Allowed App windows will open. Click on the Change Settings
- Check Private and Public check boxes next to Epic Games Launcher. If the application isn’t on the list, you’ll have to add it manually.
- Click OK to save your new settings.
3. Uninstall and reinstall Epic Games Launcher
- Start Control Panel.
- Now click on Uninstall a Program.
- Select Epic Games Launcher and uninstall it.
- Afterward, proceed to download Epic Games Launcher from its official website.
- Open the file and reinstall the program with the onscreen instructions.
Alternatively, you can use tools such as IOBit Uninstaller to completely remove Epic Games Launcher and all of its related files.
4. Remove left-over files
- From your Start Menu, select Run and click on it.
- You’re going to type %appdata% in the box and press Enter.
- Search for the Epic Games folder and delete it.
5. Change launcher properties
- Find the Launcher shortcut on your desktop.
- Right-click on the Epic Games Launcher and now select Properties.
- From the Target field, add the –OpenGL line.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
6. Update your network drivers
- From the Start Menu select your Device Manager.
- Now expand the category with the hardware you want to update.
- Right-click on the device, and select Update Driver.
- Click the Search automatically for updated driver software.
7. Malware scan
- Perform a full scan on your machine with a good antivirus program.
- And after you’ve performed the scan, restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
If you don’t have a reliable antivirus, you might want to consider trying out Bitdefender.
We hope that these solutions were of help to you. In the meantime, let us know in the comment section down below on what other issues have you stumbled upon when running the Epic Games Launcher.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix Something went wrong Fortnite payment error once and for all
- Unable to join login queue Fortnite error [Expert Fix]
- How to fix frequent World War Z bugs and errors on PC
An annoying issue prevents printers from printing files on the Windows 10 operating system. When attempting to initiate the printing process, the error message Another […]
Many Windows 10 users reported encountering an issue while trying to play HTML5 videos in their browser. The error message Your browser does not currently recognize […]