Many users have reported that they received the error message This web site requires that your browser accept session cookies. This happens when your browser isn’t configured to accept session cookies or your browser is unable to accept cookies.
As soon as you quit your browser, session cookies will be deleted. In this article, we will outline how to enable cookies on different browsers. Learn how below.
How to configure major browsers to accept session cookies
1. Mozilla Firefox
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the menu button (the three horizontal lines) and then select Options.
- Choose the Privacy panel option.
- Set the Firefox will option to Use custom settings for history.
- Tick to select the Accept cookies from sites option to enable cookies. You can untick if you wish to disable cookies.
You can also set how you want your cookies to last. There are three options to this setting.
- Keep till Firefox is closed – This option keeps cookies until you close Firefox.
- Keep and ask me every time – This option pops up an alert anytime a cookie is sent and then confirms if you want to store it or not.
- or Keep till they expire – This option will keep cookies until it is expired. Click OK and then exit from options.
2. Google Chrome
- Click on the Customize and Control button and a menu of options will appear.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Search for Cookies settings.
- A blue search box will appear at the top of your screen.
- Type cookie in the search box. Navigate through the search results until you find Site Settings and then click on it.
- There will be the Cookies option highlighted, click on it to see Cookies settings.
- Choose the Allow for sites to save and read cookie data permission.
3. Microsoft Edge
- In Microsoft Edge, click on the 3-dot menu and open Settings.
- Select the Privacy & Security tab in the left pane.
- Under the Cookies, select Don’t block cookies.
- Exit and reload the webpage.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 6 best cookie cleaner software for your Windows 10 PC
- How to: Change Internet Options in Microsoft Edge
- Chrome enhances browsing privacy via new cookies handling the process