- Stuck on Browser doesn’t supply the credentials required?
- Don't worry, we got all the right fixes for you right here.
- Tired of bumping into all kinds of errors while surfing the internet? We reckon it's time you went for a more stable browsing solution. Check out this Opera Review to find out more!
- Feel free to explore our Browsing Hub as well for even more tips and tricks on improving your interaction with the worldwide web.
While trying to access some websites, users have reported seeing this error message: This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.
Seeing this error message means that you can’t use your favorite browser software to access the information on the website/websites you subscribed to by using the fast log-in method with either a Gmail, or Facebook account.
In this article, we will explore a way to try and fix this error message, so you can log into your preferred services without any issues. Read on to find out how.
What to do if my browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required?
1. Try a different browser
To eliminate this problem, try logging in with a different browser.
Opera is a fast and secure browser, and unlike other solutions, it doesn’t collect any personal information about you.
In fact, Opera’s main focus is user privacy and security that is achieved thanks to the built-in VPN.
Plus, you get way more than a simple browser by deciding to use Opera. With just one single app, you can eliminate the clutter and stress of running third-party software for each and every one of your digital needs.
Opera covers pretty much all of them from safe, anonymous browsing and unblocking geo-restricted content thought its in-built VPN tool, to taking snapshots without ever leaving the browser.
Its most powerful features focus on the user and were designed specifically with the end user’s browsing experience in mind. That is why features like the adblocker or the integrated workflows and floating video windows were injected into Opera during its latest transformation.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- It also comes with support for VR Players, standard security protocols
- Instant search and integrated ad-blocker
- New readers, battery saver mode, currency unit, and time zone converters, etc.
- Countless customization options for a friendlier than ever UI
- Speed tab to further accelerate your workflows and more
OperaReimagine browsing with the most powerful solution: faster, better, 100% private, and ad-free.
2. Clear browser cache and install the latest updates
Award-winning CCleaner is both powerful and fast, allowing you to clean up your computer in literally seconds.
Packed with advanced features, this PC optimization tool frees up space, clears your online tracks including your browsing history and cache and speeds up your system.
The best part is that you can test its excellent capacities for free since the Pro version also includes a general free trial.
Here’s how to use it:
- Download and install CCleaner.
- Open the software -> select the Custom Clean button.
- Select which of your browser‘s caches you want to clear by ticking the appropriate boxes.
- Click on Run Cleaner and wait for the process to complete.
CCleanerFrom simple cleaning to fully automated PC maintenance, the CCleaner is the ultimate PC Health Check Suite!
3. You used an invalid username and password
- Make sure that your password is correct while logging in.
- If you’re certain that the password is correct, contact the website administrator, or use the account recovery options available.
4. An error occurred on the server-side
- Check if this error appears for other users.
- This error can happen on the server of any website, even websites that don’t require you to log in at all. To try and solve this issue, you will need to contact the website administrator.
4. The link you’re using the access the website is not valid
- Another reason for causing this error could be that you don’t have the appropriate link to access the site, or that you’re trying to access a premium or restricted part of the website.
- Please try and check the web address to make sure this is not the case.
In this article, we explored what caused this annoying error, what are the reasons for which it happened, and also how you can solve it. Let us know if the solutions were of help to you by reaching for the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in July 2019 and was revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.