Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Stuck on Browser doesn’t supply the credentials required? Don't worry, we got all the right fixes for you right here.
- See below how to correctly clear your cache in order to overcome this issue.
- Along with that, we give our top recommendation when it comes to secure and fast browsers.
- Keep reading to determine whether you have a server-related issue or an invalid password.
While trying to access some websites, users have reported seeing this error message: This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required.
Seeing this error message means you can’t use your favorite browser to access the information on the website (s) you subscribed to by using the fast log-in method with either a Gmail or Facebook account, amongst others. Microsoft Edge users mostly encountered the error.
Here are a few platforms you may come across the error on:
- This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested on Apache
- WordPress – This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested
In this article, we will explore how to bypass 401 Unauthorized and fix the Your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required error message so that you can log into your preferred services without any issues. Read on to find out how.
What can I do if my browser doesn’t supply the required credentials?
1. Try a different browser
To eliminate this problem, try logging in with a different browser. Opera One is a fast and secure browser, and unlike other solutions, it doesn’t collect any personal information about you.
In fact, Opera One’s primary focus is user privacy and security, which is achieved thanks to the built-in VPN.
Plus, you get way more than a simple browser by deciding to use Opera One. With just one single app, you can eliminate the clutter and stress of running third-party software for each and every one of your digital needs.
Opera One covers pretty much all of them, from safe, anonymous browsing and unblocking geo-restricted content through its in-built VPN tool to taking snapshots without ever leaving the browser.
Its most powerful features focus on the user and were designed specifically with the end user’s browsing experience in mind. That is why features like the adblocker or the integrated workflows and floating video windows were injected into Opera One during its latest transformation.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- It also comes with support for VR Players
- Standard security protocols
- Integrated ad-blocker
- New readers, battery saver mode
- Countless customization options
Opera OneThis stand-alone web app can surely change the way you manage credentials supplying.
2. Clear browser cache and install the latest updates
- Launch the browser, and press Ctrl + Shift + Del to open the Clear browsing data utility.
- Select All time from the Time range dropdown menu.
- Now, select the checkboxes for all the options here and click on the Clear data button.
A cluttered cache may cause some issues within your browser. Thankfully, clearing the cache is a pretty straightforward process for most browsers, and it should fix the Microsoft Edge Basic Authentication error.
Once done, verify if the Your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required error is eliminated, and you can sign in. In case the problem persists, you can use a reliable third-party cleaner tool.
Award-winning CCleaner is both powerful and fast, allowing you to clean up your computer in literally seconds.
Packed with advanced features, this PC optimization tool frees up space, clears your online tracks, including your browsing history and cache, and speeds up your system.
The best part is that you can test its excellent capacities for free since the Pro version also includes a general free trial.
Here’s how to use it:
- Download and install CCleaner.
- Open the software -> select the Custom Clean button.
- Select which of your browser’s caches you want to clear by ticking the appropriate boxes.
- Click on Run Cleaner and wait for the process to complete.
3. Verify that the username and password are valid
Make sure that your password is correct while logging in. In many cases, users received the Your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required error when entering invalid credentials.
If you’re certain that the password is correct, contact the website administrator, or use the account recovery options available. If Edge is still not prompting for credentials, head to the next method.
4. Check if an error occurred on the server-side
Check if this error appears for other users. This error can happen on the server of any website, even websites that don’t require you to log in at all.
A good way to find out if others too are facing issues accessing the website is to use a platform like Downdetector. Enter the address for the website throwing the Your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required error, and it will display the results.
If Edge basic authentication is still not working, head to the final method.
5. Make sure the link you’re using to access the website is valid
Another reason for causing this error could be that you don’t have the appropriate link to access the site or are trying to access a premium or restricted part of the website.
Try and check the web address to make sure this is not the case. Or, you could access the website through a search engine.
In this article, we explored the best solutions for the Your browser doesn’t understand how to supply the credentials required error.
In case the error still doesn’t go away, you could crosscheck the Edge Policies from edge://policy, and disable the extensions installed on the browser.
Also, find out what to do if Microsoft Edge is running slow.
Let us know if the solutions were of help to you by reaching for the comments section below.