Top 10 New Features for Business in Windows 8.1
The Windows 8.1 update released by Microsoft comes with important features for business and enterprise users. We have selected top 9 that might interest you
Whether you’re running a small business or a bigger one, you need to know what new features Windows 8.1 brings for your enterprise. Previously, we’ve talked about such notable features for enterprise user as mail enhancements, high DPI support, fingerprint password support, wireless networking enhancements and much more.
Now, it’s time to recount all the most important features from what we have already mentioned and talk about some new ones. In a recent post on TechNet community, Mike Halsey, Microsoft MVP has shared and highlighted 8.1 important features for business users in Windows 8.1. Here they are:
- Mobile Tethering – Windows 8.1 introduces Mobile tethering support. Your Windows 8.1 device with an in-built SIM or a mobile data dongle can share the data connection with up to ten devices can connect to at a time.
- Multi-Monitor Display Scaling – Windows 8.1 fixes the issue of different displays not appearing correctly because of different desktop scaling that makes text and other items smaller.
- Wireless Display Support – Windows 8.1 brings support for WiDi and Miracast wireless displays, meaning a compatible screen or a projector can be used as second screens. Read more about this in our article about top new 3 wireless networking features in Windows 8.1.
- Workplace Join – Workplace Join allows access of a company domain without the PC having to be previously configured. This way, IT administrators enforce strict company security and access policies while granting access permissions to BYOD PCs.
- Work Folders – BYOD devices synchronize work files for use away from the office with a BYOD device, without previous configuration
- InstantGo – Windows 8.1 starts faster, as quick as 300ms with compatible hardware
- Wi-Fi Direct and NFC Printing support – Windows 8.1 comes with support for Wi-Fi Direct and NFC Printing, enabling the latest generation of printers.
- Improved Biometrics – Windows 8.1 includes new support for fingerprint sensors
- New APIs – new programming APIs allow integration with 3D printers and much more
You’ve got an important email to send, but you receive the error 0x8000000b while trying to send your email. What now? To first understand why […]
Selected boot image did not authenticate error message is linked with updates, upgrades and driver updates and likely common on HP computers. Note that this […]
Microsoft announced the Surface Hub 2 almost a year ago and recently shared more details on the product line. Surface Hub 2X will hit the […]