Picking the best motherboard will determine what kind of system you’ll be able to build around it. Your choice in motherboards dictates how big your final PC can become, what kind of memory and processors you will be able to jam into it, how many graphics cards you can stretch to and also what sort of storage options you will have available as well.
Therefore, it’s really essential to make to right choice because the consequences of getting the wrong one will stick with you for a pretty long time.
There are lots of options to consider on the market when you’re choosing the best gaming motherboard, and it’s important to know a thing or two about their features before you decide what’s best for you.
When it comes to gaming motherboards, features and stability are generally more important than performance claims.
What are the best motherboards for gaming?
- ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
- ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
- GIGABYTE AORUS Z270X-GAMING 9
- ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1
- MSI B450 Tomahawk
1. ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero gaming motherboard
The ROG Maximus IX Hero boasts the perfect balance for enthusiasts and gamers as well. It provides the necessary features for gaming, ideal performance, and easy-to-use interfaces that place complex control at the users’ fingertips.
This gaming motherboard offers more personalization across your build than ever before.
Here are its most notable features:
- It comes with buttons for power, system reboot, BIOS entry, and memory reset incorporated along the edges.
- It includes extensive and well-placed fan headers with a tachometer for water cooling loops.
- The USB ports on the back mean plenty of external connectors.
- ASUS technology optimizes essential aspects of the system.
- It provides excellent processor performance, cool and quiet fans, energy savings and super stable digital power.
- The dedicated 3D Mounts will make fitting 3D-printed parts easy.
- The SupremeFX audio technology delivers impressive recording quality.
The onboard Intel v219 Ethernet LAN controller is a smart low-latency choice. This motherboard also includes dual M.2 slots, tunable LEDs, and ALC 1220 audio.
2. ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance gaming motherboard
This motherboard has full-sized feature aspirations, and it’s able to deliver high gaming performance and great visuals. It’s an excellent pick for the 1151 budget motherboard segment.
Check out its most important features:
- It comes with the latest Intel v219-based Gigabit Ethernet.
- It includes USB 3.1 Type C.
- It comes with four DDR4 slots.
- The overall layout is excellent, and the flush-mounted M.2 slots are top-side accessible.
- It also comes with the SoundBlaster Cinema 3 for enhancing the audio.
- This fancy B250 chipset motherboard supports Intel’s 6th and 7th generation processors.
For a better gaming experience, we recommend downloading Game Fire for free. It will help with various gaming issues, such as low FPS, lags and slow PC.
Its features put this motherboard ahead of competitors’ offerings. Performance is on par with other 1151 non-overclocked motherboards.
Visually speaking, the B250 carries the tradition of the Fatality series, and if you’re a fan of red and black, then you’re in luck with this particular motherboard.
If you’re looking for enthusiast features on a motherboard that will not empty your bank account, the B250 is the right choice for you.
3. GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 gaming motherboard
The Z370 motherboard is designed for gamers and enthusiasts who want the best performance for their ultimate gaming system.
Take a look at its most important features:
- The motherboard is built with a digital CPU power design that provides power to all the components.
- The Z370 is a sound system with dynamic range and pure sound due to the ESS SABRE DAC.
- It allows users to maximize their system’s potential.
- The M.2 Thermal Guard helps reduce and dissipate heat.
- It supports the 8th Gen Intel CPU.
- It comes with server-class digital power design.
- It features great overclocking.
- The audio components are high-quality.
- It comes with an excellent fan header configuration.
The motherboard also includes dual-channel DDR4, front USB 3.1 Type C, Smart Fan 5 Cooling, RGB fusion lighting, ultra-durable armor, and multi-way graphics support.
The Z370 has the features and the overclocking to please most gaming enthusiasts and its price is really appealing these days.
- Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you’re interested in other motherboards, check out our wide collection of guides.