6 best gaming motherboards to power your thirst for victory in 2019
Picking the best motherboard will determine what kind of system you’ll be able to build around it. Your choice in motherboards dictates how big your final PC can become, what kind of memory and processors you will be able to jam into it, how many graphics cards you can stretch to and also what sort of storage options you will have available as well.
Therefore, it’s really essential to make to right choice because the consequences of getting the wrong one will stick with you for a pretty long time.
There are lots of options to consider on the market when you’re choosing the best gaming motherboard, and it’s important to know a thing or two about their features before you decide what’s best for you.
When it comes to gaming motherboards, features and stability are generally more important than performance claims.
What are the best motherboards for gaming?
- ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
- ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
- GIGABYTE AORUS Z270X-GAMING 9
- ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1
- MSI B450 Tomahawk
1. ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero gaming motherboard
The ROG Maximus IX Hero boasts the perfect balance for enthusiasts and gamers as well. It provides the necessary features for gaming, ideal performance, and easy-to-use interfaces that place complex control at the users’ fingertips.
This gaming motherboard offers more personalization across your build than ever before.
Here are its most notable features:
- It comes with buttons for power, system reboot, BIOS entry, and memory reset incorporated along the edges.
- It includes extensive and well-placed fan headers with a tachometer for water cooling loops.
- The USB ports on the back mean plenty of external connectors.
- ASUS technology optimizes essential aspects of the system.
- It provides excellent processor performance, cool and quiet fans, energy savings and super stable digital power.
- The dedicated 3D Mounts will make fitting 3D-printed parts easy.
- The SupremeFX audio technology delivers impressive recording quality.
The onboard Intel v219 Ethernet LAN controller is a smart low-latency choice. This motherboard also includes dual M.2 slots, tunable LEDs, and ALC 1220 audio.
2. ASRock Fatal1ty B250M Performance gaming motherboard
This motherboard has full-sized feature aspirations, and it’s able to deliver high gaming performance and great visuals. It’s an excellent pick for the 1151 budget motherboard segment.
Check out its most important features:
- It comes with the latest Intel v219-based Gigabit Ethernet.
- It includes USB 3.1 Type C.
- It comes with four DDR4 slots.
- The overall layout is excellent, and the flush-mounted M.2 slots are top-side accessible.
- It also comes with the SoundBlaster Cinema 3 for enhancing the audio.
- This fancy B250 chipset motherboard supports Intel’s 6th and 7th generation processors.
For a better gaming experience, we recommend downloading Game Fire for free. It will help with various gaming issues, such as low FPS, lags and slow PC.
Its features put this motherboard ahead of competitors’ offerings. Performance is on par with other 1151 non-overclocked motherboards.
Visually speaking, the B250 carries the tradition of the Fatality series, and if you’re a fan of red and black, then you’re in luck with this particular motherboard.
If you’re looking for enthusiast features on a motherboard that will not empty your bank account, the B250 is the right choice for you.
3. GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 gaming motherboard
The Z370 motherboard is designed for gamers and enthusiasts who want the best performance for their ultimate gaming system.
Take a look at its most important features:
- The motherboard is built with a digital CPU power design that provides power to all the components.
- The Z370 is a sound system with dynamic range and pure sound due to the ESS SABRE DAC.
- It allows users to maximize their system’s potential.
- The M.2 Thermal Guard helps reduce and dissipate heat.
- It supports the 8th Gen Intel CPU.
- It comes with server-class digital power design.
- It features great overclocking.
- The audio components are high-quality.
- It comes with an excellent fan header configuration.
The motherboard also includes dual-channel DDR4, front USB 3.1 Type C, Smart Fan 5 Cooling, RGB fusion lighting, ultra-durable armor, and multi-way graphics support.
The Z370 has the features and the overclocking to please most gaming enthusiasts and its price is really appealing these days.
4. GIGABYTE AORUS Z270X-GAMING 9 gaming motherboard
GIGABYTE, AORUS’s parent company has reserved the number 9 for their over the top motherboards. The Z270 provides one of the most intuitive user experiences, and it allows you to take the lighting to the next level.
Take a look at its essential features that make it stand out:
- You can use the RGB fusing to control the chromatic schematics to enhance the looks of your PC.
- The RGB/UV LED strips provide a unique fluorescent glow.
- You can set the lighting effects for fantastic customization.
- You can activate the Intelligent mode to sync lighting effects and to show time and system temperature.
- It comes with seven temperature sensors and two external temperature sensors.
- The Z270 features interoperable fans and sensors.
- It features an intuitive user interface for fan control.
- The Creative Sound Core3D Quad-Core Audio Processor produces excellent and immersive sound.
- The adaptive gigabit Ethernet controller provides priority network bandwidth delivery.
The Z270 motherboard provides some centric features such as Smart Fan 5 that offers advanced thermal detection and RGB Fusion introducing the first RGB+W/UV LED strips support. This offers true and bright illuminating for the most expressive aesthetics.
- ALSO READ: 5 best antivirus for gaming PCs
5. ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1 gaming motherboard
The ASUS TUF is ready for hardcore non-stop operation, and it comes with all the durability, looks and cooling necessary. It comes with a rugged and shielded design that packs the proper features and the most fan connectors.
Take a look at the most important elements that this motherboard includes:
- It provides superior cooling and system monitoring via the Thermal Radar 2 and the TUF Detective 2.
- It comes with the Pro-Clock that lets you take your system’s performance to extreme heights.
- The third-generation ASUS T-Topology delivers new DDR4-overclocking dynamics.
- You can push your memory frequencies further than ever to 3866MHz.
- The motherboard is ready for long-term duty in any environment.
- The TUR Thermal Armor is a robust futuristic shield with built-in Aura RGB illumination.
- The ASUS TUF provides eye-catching aesthetics to your system.
- You can connect an additional fan to boost airflow and to reduce temperatures by up to 18.9 degrees Celsius.
This motherboard is compatible with the new ASUS AURA SYNC which is a software suite that allows for more choices in additional RGB gear.
Additionally, the TUF Fortifier of this motherboard will make sure that it doesn’t buckle under the weight of more massive graphics cards and processor coolers. It also minimizes the risk of damaged circuitry from bending and bowing.
6. MSI B450 Tomahawk
If your gaming computer is powered by an AMD CPU, this MSI motherboard is the perfect combo for you. The hardware supports AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd generation as well as to-way AMD Crossfire Technology.
There are also three important in-game weapons that will give you an upper hand over your opponents: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey and X-Boost.
With this motherboard, you don’t need to worry about overheating issues during an intense gaming session. Thanks to the new thermal and power design of this motherboard, your high-end gaming machine can run at full speed without any problems.
If you also use an overclocking software, this motherboard creates the perfect conditions for using your CPU at max throttle. It supports multi-core CPU for excellent gaming performance.
This is the point where our roundup of the best gaming motherboards ends. Check out all their features and decide which one meets all your gaming requirements.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 best USB Type-C motherboards to use
- ROG Z270 motherboards allow 5GHz+ overclocking and it’s awesome
- Acer’s Nitro 5 Spin convertible laptop is perfect for casual gaming
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2017 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Microsoft just released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18963 (20H1) for all the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring. The build adds a lot of important […]
A number of Synology users have reported that the assistant won’t map the drive. This issue can be extremely annoying, as it varies in the […]