- The Microsoft Store is an excellent source of both free and pay-to-use programs and games that are specially made for running on the Windows 10 OS
- The only drawback to the Microsoft Store service is that, since it is dependent on your Internet connection, any network issue can severely hinder its functionality
- This guide is part of a much larger hub for Troubleshooting Microsoft Store Problems, so keep it at hand in case this error happens again
- Visit our dedicated Microsoft Store Section for more useful articles
If you see the error Cannot connect to Microsoft services at the moment, you are not alone especially if you are a Windows 10 user. Windows users who get this error are unable to carry out any downloads on Microsoft Store because they are never connected.
When an attempt is made to create a new user with their current Microsoft account, a green screen appears with a revolving disc accompanied by the respective error message
However, the Cannot connect to Microsoft services at the moment error message is a problem associated with the Microsoft account, and especially services such as Microsoft Store, Skype, OneDrive, Outlook, Xbox Live, Office 365, and Groove Music.
Fortunately, we have compiled some solutions to solve this problem.
How do I fix the Microsoft services connection error?
- Change your Internet network
- Synchronize your Microsoft Account
- Use Internet time
- Use Microsoft Account Sign in Assistant
- Disable Proxy server on your web browsers
- Run Network troubleshooter
- Reset Windows Store cache
1. Change your Internet network
First of all, consider switching your Internet connection so as to fix the error. If you used a public Wi-Fi network, disconnect it and use another Internet connection, preferably dialup modem or private LAN to access Microsoft services.
2. Synchronize your Microsoft Account
- Sign up to create a Microsoft profile at Windows Live
- Go to Windows Live Account
- Enter your email address and password, and click on login.
- Enter the 5 digit code to the Confirmation area code you will receive in your phone number or alternate email address > Click “Next” to login.
- Go to your Windows settings and click on Accounts
- Enter your working email address and password in the Add user menu and follow the prompts.
Ensure you have a working Microsoft Account in order to access all Microsoft services. This error may be due to an invalid account or because you do not have a Microsoft Account.
Also, after following these steps you can proceed to carry out downloads on Windows store or access other Windows services on your PC to test this fix.
3. Use Internet time on your PC
- Go to Start > type date and time without quotes.
- Click on the Settings menu and select date and time to launch the Date and Time window.
- Click on the Internet time tab and select Change settings without quotes.
- Tick on the Synchronize with Internet time server checkbox, select times.windows.com option and click on Update now.
- After the date and time update, restart your PC.
Also, another reason for cannot connect to Microsoft services at the moment error problem is that the date and time on your Windows PC is set incorrectly.
For more information on how to fix Windows clock if it displays the wrong time, check out this guide.
4. Use Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant
Expert Tip: Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Follow these steps to download, install and use Microsoft Account Troubleshooter tool:
- Download and install Microsoft Account Troubleshooter.
- Press the Windows key and the R key together to launch the Run program
- In the Run box, type service.msc without quotes and click on OK.
- In the Services window, scroll down to Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant and double-click on it to open properties.
- Set the startup type to manual.
- In the lower left region, click on Start if the Startup status is Stopped in the lower left > Apply > OK.
In addition, you can use Microsoft Account Sign in Assistant troubleshooter to fix cannot connect to Microsoft services at the moment error display.
This tool must be downloaded and installed because it provides a walk-through troubleshooting guide to help you access Microsoft services.
Also, you can run the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter as a standalone and follow the instructions to fix cannot connect to Microsoft services at the moment error problem.
5. Disable Proxy server on your web browsers
- Launch your web browser and locate the Internet Options.
- Select the Connections menu and click on Settings
- Uncheck the Use a proxy server option and tick on Use a system proxy system option.
- Finally, click on OK and access Microsoft services again on your web browser.
Another reason for cannot connect to Microsoft services at the moment error problem is that the proxy server is enabled. Microsoft services may not be accessible if the LAN connection is anonymous i.e. proxy.
6. Run Network troubleshooter
- Press Windows key + C at the same time to launch the Charms bar.
- In the Charms bar windows, type Troubleshooting and click on Troubleshooting under the Settings menu.
- Here, type Network Troubleshooter in the search option.
- Finally, click on Network Troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
Windows users find it difficult to access the Internet when the error Cannot connect to Microsoft services at the moment is displayed. Hence, running the Windows network troubleshooter can fix the problem allowing you to connect to Microsoft Services, including the Microsoft Store.
7. Reset the Microsoft Store cache
- Go to Start >Type Run and hit the Enter key.
- In the Run program, type WSReset.exe without quotes and click on OK.
- After the Microsoft Store reset process, proceed by restarting your PC and then access Microsoft Store again.
Finally, you can fix cannot connect to Microsoft services at the moment error display by resetting Windows Store cache.
In conclusion, you can try out any of the fixes enumerated above so as to solve the Cannot connect to Microsoft services at the moment error.
Feel free to leave us a message in the comments section below if you have more questions regarding the subject.
Frequently Asked Questions
Microsoft Store is a digital distribution platform created by Microsoft. The service was introduced with Windows 8 and it was used for distribution of Universal apps. With the release of Windows 10, Microsoft merged Microsoft Store with its other content distribution services.
Using the Microsoft Store is completely free. However, each individual app and game that you download through the platform has its own pricing policy which you can see from the product page.