- Drivers are essential software components of a computer; therefore, installing the right one is vital for your computer to work correctly.
- To download and update drivers, you can either use Device Manager or get a reliable third-party driver updater tool.
If you are looking for a way to download and install the Canon LBP2900B driver on Windows 11, you are at the right place.
This guide will discuss some of the easiest methods to install the printer driver on your computer. Let’s get started!
How can I download & install the Canon LBP2900B driver for Windows 11?
Before moving toward the download and install steps, make sure you go through these preparatory checks:
- Administrator access to the computer on which you can install drivers.
- A stable and reliable internet connection.
- A USB cable to connect your printer to your computer.
- Ensure the printer is compatible with your Windows OS.
1. Use the device manufacturer’s website
1.1 Download the printer driver
- Go to the manufacturer’s website.
- Locate the Canon LBP2900B driver.
- Now scroll down and select the compatible OS and language as English
- Click on it, and the driver will be downloaded.
- Double-click the downloaded zip file and extract it.
1.2 Install the printer driver
- Add the printer using the cable to your computer, then press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Go to Bluetooth & devices and click Printers & scanners.
- Click Add device next to Add a printer or scanner.
- If the printer is not listed, click Add manually.
- Select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
- Now click on the radio button next to Use an existing port. Choose USB001 from the drop-down and click Next.
- Now click on Have Disk.
- Now click Browse and select the extracted file. Next, click Open and then click OK.
- Select Printer from the list and click Next, then click Next.
- The installation will start. On the Print Sharing window, select a preferable option and click Next.
- Click Finish.
2. Use a third-party tool
Downloading drivers manually can be time-consuming, especially if you don’t know your way around on a computer. Therefore, it is suggested to use a reliable third-party driver updater tool such as DriverFix.
The tool has a vast database of drivers to keep your computer drivers up to date. Follow these steps to download, install or update drivers on your computer:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Click Scan to scan the computer for missing or outdated drivers.
- Select the driver you want to update from the list of outdated or missing drivers, and click Update.
- The drivers will be downloaded; you can install them following the on-screen prompts.
3. Use the Device Manager
- Connect your printer to your computer. Press Windows + R to open the Run console.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Go to the Software devices and expand it.
- Right-click on the Printer and click Update driver.
- On the next window, click on Search Automatically for drivers.
- Windows will now search for the Canon LBP2900B driver and install it.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart your computer.
So, these are ways to download and install the Canon LBP2900B driver on your Windows 11 computer. Try them and let us know which worked for you in the comments below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.