- Changing your IP address makes it difficult for hackers to trace you since your IP address is inconsistent.
- There are a few ways that you can use to change your IP address every 10 seconds or after a custom interval of time.
- In this guide, we have explained a few programs that would help you accomplish the task of changing your IP addresses frequently.
There are queries available on different platforms regarding changing IP addresses frequently, automatically at regular intervals.
It doesn’t matter if you are involved in web crawling or data scrapping field, anyone might come across the need to change the IP address at regular intervals.
If you are also one of such users and are looking for solutions then you are at the right place. Because this guide shows you the different ways via which you can change IP every 10 seconds, 15 seconds, basically every X interval of time.
The best part about changing your IP address is that it is perfectly legal, safe, and easy to accomplish. Apparently, there are four different ways of changing your IP address every 10 seconds or frequently, which we will be discussing in this guide.
There are several hiccups that you will come across while changing your IP address every 10 seconds or after X intervals such as your media streaming might suffer, and your overall internet might disrupt for a few seconds.
But if you are ok with these hiccups and want to know how you can change your IP address every 10 seconds or after X interval, then let us dive into the guide.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
How often should IP address change?
IP addresses are dynamic in nature. But that does not mean your Internet Service Provider (ISP) issues you a new IP address every time you go online.
However, after our research, we found out that the IP address retention rate around the major countries in the world is 9.3. Moreover, there is a handshake between the SIP and the modem that takes place every 14 days when the DHCP lease renewal takes place.
But for different households, this number may vary. As many studies have found that several households have had the same IP address for 9 months.
Does VPN change IP address every time?
The main work of a VPN is to mask your public IP address and your location, but in doing so your ISP will not change the IP address assigned to you.
So, there are chances that the VPN that you are using connects you to the IP address that it is providing instead of your actual address. There are several VPNs, such as GOOSE VPN that say that each server on the VPN has its own IP address.
How do I change my IP address frequently?
1. Use NordVPN
- Download NordVPN from the official website.
- Install the program on your PC.
- Open it.
- Open Command Prompt and run it as an administrator.
- Execute the below command considering that you have installed NordVPN in the default C drive.
cd "C:\Program Files\NordVPN\"
- Now you need to create a batch file.
- Open Notepad and paste the below commands:
cd "C:\Program Files\NordVPN\"
nordvpn -c -g "United States"
nordvpn -c -g "Canada"
- Click on the File menu option.
- Select Save as.
- Save the file with extension .bat. So, the file name should look like NordVPN.bat.
- Basically, the bat file says to run a command that connects you to the United States server for 10 seconds then disconnects you for 2 seconds, then again connects you to Canada server for 10 seconds, and disconnects you for 2 seconds.
- Open the bat file you just created.
- It will take some time to connect to the first server that you have assigned.
- After the assigned time, NordVPN will switch the server to the next assigned country.
NordVPN is one of the most popular VPNs out there. While this method is for NordVPN, if your main aim isn’t to change the IP address frequently, then you can check out our guide that lists some of the best VPNs, that you can download on your Windows PC.
Keep your anonymity online using a great-designed VPN.
2. Use Elite Proxy Switcher
- Visit this website to download Elite Proxy Switcher.
- Install the program on your PC.
- Launch EPS.
- If you are using the free version, then you need to get your proxies from the proxy list sites such as IPRoyal, My-Proxy, KProxy, etc.
- Once you have the IP, open the EPS Settings.
- Click on the Switch tab on the top menu bar.
- Select the Proxy Swtich Settings in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Under the Auto Swtich option, set the switching interval, in our case let us say 10 seconds.
- Press OK.
After you complete the steps, you will see your IP address getting changed every 10 seconds, or whatever interval you have put in the Automatic switching option.
The best part about using the Elite Proxy Switcher is that you can load free proxies and also change the IP address every second as well.
However, some major downsides of using free proxies are that they have a very short life span, and most of them are unreliable. So, take note of that.
3. Use HMA VPN
- Visit the official website of HideMyAss (HMA) VPN.
- Buy a subscription.
- Install the software.
- Click on the Settings symbol.
- Select the Privacy tab from the left side panel.
- On the right, under random IP section, you can see the option to define the time interval within which you wish to change your IP address.
- You can set the program to change your IP address to predefined values of 5, 10, 20 minutes or assign a custom time interval.
- Return to the home screen.
- Click Connect to VPN.
- Your IP address will now change based on the time interval that you have inputted.
Should I change my IP address regularly?
While there is no such need to have a rotating IP address feature on your PC, you can go with changing IP address regularly as it provides some security to your network.
Notably, it will become harder for someone to hack into a network that has an IP address that is inconsistent. Moreover, each time your IP address changes, it goes into the pool where it will be reallocated to someone else.
So, if you are in a field where chances of getting hacked or traced are quite common, then you can make use of the above methods to change your IP address automatically and add a bit of a security layer.
That is it from us in this guide. We hope that you were able to accomplish the task of changing your IP address every 10 seconds or a set custom time interval using the above guide. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.