If you’ve ever spent hours waiting in an airport and your only method of passing time is using your laptop, you understand how important it is to have a private network.
Even though that is the case, sometimes computers will randomly assign public network configurations to your home network. This will stop you from gaining access to your printers, or even browse the internet.
For the reasons mentioned above, in today’s how-to guide we will discuss the fastest method to change your network settings to private.
Read on to find out more details.
Steps to change Windows 10 network to private
For Wi-fi Network Connections:
- Click the Wi-fi network icon found inside your taskbar (next to the Windows clock).
- Select the Network that you’re using.
- Click the Properties link found under the name and status of your network.
- Under the Network profile section inside the newly opened window -> tick the box next to the option Private.
For wired network connections
- Click the small computer screen symbol found next to your Windows 10 clock.
- A menu will pop up showing you the available wired network/networks, and it’s/their status.
- Click the network that is connected from the list (the name will vary depending on your settings).
- This will open a new window that will contain settings for your Ethernet connection.
- Click the network that you’re using.
- Under the section Network profile -> tick the box next to Private.
- This will change the settings of your ethernet connection to a Private mode.
In today’s short how-to article we discussed the best methods to follow in order to change your computer’s network settings to Private.
Enabling this setting will allow your PC to recognize the network as safe, so it will not stop you from sharing your connection, connecting to the internet, or being able to print documents using your printer.
We hope this guide managed to make you understand how this process needs to be carried out.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide has proven useful. You can contact us by leaving a comment in the section found below this article.