- To change your username and password in Windows 11 is extremely easy and not so different from the procedure applied in the previous OS version.
- Using certain keys on your keyboard is one of the simplest options you should consider.
- Your account details can be managed quickly with the support of the Settings menu.
- Another great solution involves using the Control Panel, so refer to the below steps in this regard.
Changing your username and password in Windows 11 is probably the first action to personalize when you want to enjoy your new operating system.
You should know that it is quite simple and the available options won’t be time-consuming, being performed with the easiest steps you can imagine.
Note that there are different ways to manage your username and password. You can do it both for the administrator and other accounts.
We made sure to present only the most helpful options in order to change your Windows 11 account details. Make sure you read our guide completely, so you’ll choose the method that suits you the most.
How can I change my password & username in Windows 11?
1. Manage the Windows 11 password using your keyboard
- Press simultaneously the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keyboard shortcut.
- Choose Change a password.
- Enter the old password, then type the new one, and confirm it.
The simplest option that will help you to change your password in Windows 11 is by using specific keys on your keyboard.
2. Change password using system settings
- Open Settings.
- Go to Accounts.
- Select the Sign-in options from the left window pane.
- From the right side, click on Password, then select Change.
- Type the current password.
- Type your new desired password, confirm it, and give it a hint, then click on Next.
4. Manage password from Control Panel
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type Control Panel, then click on it.
- Look at the User Accounts option, then click on Change account type.
- Select the Administrator account.
- Click on Change the password.
5. Change account name on Windows 11 with Control Panel
- Open Control Panel, then follow the same first 4 steps.
- Instead of choosing Change the password, you should click on Change the account name.
This methods sound familiar? As you can see, the easiest options to change password usernames in Windows 11 are extremely similar to the ones offered by Windows 10.
Also, if you’re a fan of the previous operating system appearance, you should check an article on how to change Windows 11 to classic view.
As you know, your opinion is important to us. Thus, feel free to leave a comment in the section below about any related subjects.