4 of the cheapest Windows 10 laptops for students to purchase in 2018
The market is filled with laptops and picking up just a single one to cover the entire array of activities for a student might be a challenge. All laptops provide brilliant portability but of course also less flexibility compared to a desktop.
You need to think carefully about what exactly you need from a laptop before you hand over your cash for it.
The most important factors you need to consider before purchasing a laptop are size, screen resolution, form factor, connectivity, keyboard, touchpad, performance, graphics, storage, battery life and of course price.
Best cheapest Windows 10 laptops for students
- Asus VivoBook E200HA
- Microsoft Surface Pro
- HP Stream 14-inch
- Lenovo Ideapad 510S
1. Asus VivoBook E200HA (recommended)
This is one of the best cheapest laptops for students for more reasons. The Asus VivoBook is one of the lightest laptops, but at the same time it feels robust enough to be placed in any bag and carried around without damage.
Take a look at the most important features packed in this laptop:
- It comes with an 11.6-inch display.
- It comes with windows 10 pre-installed and one year Office 365.
- The laptop’s ultra-slim profile and its small weight of less than 1 kilo make it extremely portable.
- It has minimal bezel surrounding the display and keyboard, and it provides comfort while being compact at the same time.
- It features Bluetooth 4.1 providing the most reliable connection for all your smart devices.
- ASUS Tru2Life Technology allows you to adjust the display according to your needs with both manual and automatic enhancements.
- It comes with an ergonomic full-size keyboard that provides a solid typing feel.
The technical specs you should be aware of are the following: a Quad-core Intel Atom processor, 1,366 x 768 – pixel resolution, 32GB eMMC storage, all-day battery from 2Cells 38 Whrs Polymer Battery, 802.11ac WiFi with Multi-user MIMO, Intel HD Graphics Integrated 2 GB DDR3 RAM.
2. Microsoft Surface Pro
The 2017 Surface Pro is the Surface Pro 5 that everyone’s been waiting for in terms of both form and performance. Starting with its rounded edges and finishing with its refined selection of accessories, this is a true Surface Pro 4 successor.
Take a look at its essential features:
- It provides the versatility of a laptop and tablet in one device.
- It’s incredibly light; therefore the machine is ultra-portable.
- It provides exceptional performance and efficiency.
- It runs Windows and Office which most students are already familiar with.
- The Surface Pro brings advanced technology and robust solutions for all students’ tasks.
- It comes with a 12.3 – inch PixelSense Touchscreen with pen input.
The most important technical specs that you should note are the following: a 2,736 x 1,824 resolution, Intel Core i7, i5 and m3 CPU, Intel Iris and HD graphics, 16GB/8GB/4GB memory, 1TB/512GB/256GB/128GB storage space, and a battery life of up to 13.5 hours of video playback.
You can get the Microsoft Surface Pro on Amazon and even if it’s a bit pricier compared to the other laptops that we have reviewed, it’s worth every penny.
3. HP Stream 14-inch
College students have tons of laptop options to choose from, but this combination of portability and budget-friendly pricing really make this HP Stream an excellent choice. Its 14-inch display mixed with a 3.17-pound lightweight plastic frame make it the perfect companion for students. Check out its more impressive features:
- It comes with Office 365 Personal for one year, and you’ll have access to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access and 1TB of OneDrive storage.
- It’s built with students in mind.
- The HP comes with the latest wireless technology, and its antenna delivers a reliable and robust Internet connection.
- It comes with Windows, an OS that delivers the highest security, safe authentication and ongoing updates to protect your system.
- It’s ideal to be used for classwork and Web browsing.
- The HP Stream 14 provides a quick start up and shut down thanks to the eMMC drive.
- It comes with an aesthetically pleasing design.
Take a looks at the technical specs you should consider: Intel Celeron N3060, 1.6GH, dual-core processor, 4GB DDR3L SDRAM memory, 32 GB eMMC, Windows 10 installed, Intel HD Graphics 400, a battery life of 10 hours and a screen resolution of 1,366 x 768 pixels.
- ALSO READ: The 7 Best Gaming Headsets for Windows 10
4. Lenovo Ideapad 510S
The Lenovo Ideapad 510S comes with an excellent build quality and outstanding performance together with a decent screen. Take a look at the most important features packed it this laptop:
- It comes with an extraordinary battery life, and it can run for maximum 10 hours.
- You’ll be able to have a full day of work on this laptop.
- It’s a great mid-range machine targeted at students who need a trusty companion for lectures.
- It’s quiet enough to work with it in a library.
- It is capable of media-editing workloads.
- The Lenovo laptop is super easy to carry around, and it won’t take too much space in your backpack or top loader.
- You can also use it to watch your favorite movies and to listen to your favorite music because it comes with dual stereo speakers by Harman Audio who delivers unmatched audio quality in laptops.
- The Full HD resolution provides excellent images with vibrant colors.
Here are the most important technical specifications packed in this laptop: Intel Core i5 or i& processors, 8GB RAM, 128-256GB SSD, 14-inch Full Display, 1,920 x 1,080 resolution, 2.3 GHz processor speed, 1TB of hard-drive size, Windows 10 installed and more.
These are the best and the cheapest laptops targeted at students that you can find on the market.
You can learn more details about their specs and features on Amazon and no matter which model you decide to get, you can be sure that you picked one of the best laptops for students currently available on the market.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 S vs Chrome OS: Which one to pick?
- 7 best laptops for publishing
- Take a look at the 5 best budget Apollo Lake laptops
Although primarily a software company, Microsoft has quite a few hardware devices in the pipeline for the next few years. There has been a lot […]
Windows 10 S was originally a new Windows 10 version included on Surface and ARM laptops. That streamlined Windows version is Microsoft’s alternative to the […]
Patch Tuesday on the second Tuesday of each month is the traditional day for Microsoft to release new cumulative updates. However, Microsoft is beginning to […]