- Solid State Drives are great, and nowadays almost every PC has an SSD instead of HDD.
- If you want the best of both worlds, you should consider getting a laptop with both SSD and HDD.
- Want to learn more about SSDs? Check this Solid-state drive article for more information.
- If you’re looking for more laptops, we suggest that you visit our dedicated Laptop Hub for more buying guides like this one.
SSDs have many advantages over hard drives, but hard drives have their benefits such as longevity and price. Since each has certain benefits, it’s no wonder to see that users are using both SSD and HDD on their PCs.
In today’s article, we’re going to show you the best laptop with both SSD and HDD that you can get, so let’s get started.
What is the best laptop with both SSD and HDD?
- 14-inch display, 1366x768 resolution
- Intel Pentium Gold Gold 6405U 2.40GHz CPU
- 8GB DDR4-24000 SDRAM
- 128GB SSD, 500GB HDD
- Windows 10 64-bit in S Mode
- SSD could be larger
Lenovo Ideapad 3 comes with a 14-inch display, 1366×768 resolution and Intel Pentium Gold 6405U 2.40GHz processor. As for multimedia, there’s Intel UHD Graphics available.
Regarding the memory, this device has 8GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM which should be enough for everyday use. Regarding the storage, this is a laptop with both SSD and HDD, so there’s 128GB SSD and 500GB HDD available.
Additional features include two USB 3.0 ports, a single USB 2.0 port, one HDMI port, Bluetooth 5.0, and Windows 10 in S Mode. Overall, it’s a decent laptop, so it’s worth checking out.
- 15.6-inch 1366x768 touchscreen display
- Intel 10th Gen Dual Core i3-1005G1 1.2GHz CPU
- Intel UHD Graphics
- 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Battery drains too fast for some users
This model comes with an Intel 10th Gen Dual Core i3-1005G1 1.2GHz CPU that can be boosted up to 3.4GHz. The laptop has 8GB DDR4 SDRAM and integrated Intel UHD Graphics.
This is a 15.6-inch device, and it comes with a 1366×768 touchscreen display. Regarding the storage, there’s 128GB SSD available and 1TB HDD.
As for additional features, Dell Inspiron 3000 has two USB-Type-A 3.0 ports, a single Type-A USB 2.0 port, and Windows 10 Home 64-bit preinstalled, so be sure to check it out.
- 17.3-inch ISP display, 1920x1080 resolution
- Quad-core Processor Intel i5-1035G1 1GHz CPU can be boosted up to 3.6GHz
- 12GB DDR4 memory
- 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD
- Battery life up to 7h on a single charge
- Battery life could be better
This HP laptop comes with a 17.3-inch IPS display and it uses 1920×1080 resolution. The device is powered by Quad-core Processor Intel i5-1035G1 1GHz CPU that can be boosted to 3.6GHz.
There’s 12GB of DDR4 memory, which should be more than enough for multitasking. Regarding the storage, there’s 256GB PCI SSD and a 1TB HDD for file storage. As for multimedia, this model uses Intel UHD Graphics.
HP 17.3 has a 31WHr 3-cell battery that can last up to 7 hours. Overall, it’s a great laptop for multitasking, so it will be perfect for all your needs.
- 17.3-inch 1920x1080 IPS display
- Quad-core 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 processor
- 32GB DDR4 RAM
- 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- No major complaints
Another great laptop that comes with both SSD and HDD is Dell Inspiron 3793. This model has a 17.3-inch screen with 1920×1080 resolution. Regarding the CPU, the device is powered by a quad-core 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 CPU.
As for the graphics, this model has Intel Iris Plus Graphics, so you’ll be able to enjoy multimedia as well. The laptop offers 32GB of DDR4 RAM, so it can handle any application and multitasking with ease.
Dell Inspiron 3793 has 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD so it has more than enough storage for all your needs. Overall, this is a great laptop with amazing hardware, so it’s worth checking out.
- 15.6-inch 1920x1080 IPS display
- 8th Generation Intel 6-Core i7-9750H CPU 2.60 GHz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics
- 16GB RAM
- 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD
- Can be too big for some users
Asus ROG G531GT is a 15.6-inch device and it comes with a 1920×1080 IPS display. The device runs on 8th Generation Intel 6-Core i7-9750H 2.60GHz CPU but it can be boosted up to 4.50GHz.
The laptop has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics, so it should handle gaming with ease. As for the memory, there’s 16GB memory available, so you’ll be able to do multitasking with ease.
The laptop has both SSD and HDD, and it comes with 512GB SSD and 1TB HDD for storage, so it will be an amazing choice for both gamers and other more demanding users.
Having a laptop with both SSD and HDD is great because you’re getting the best out of both worlds, and we hope that our guide helped you find the right model for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s always better to have an SSD and HDD because you get the speed of SSD and longevity of HDD.
This depends on your needs, but in our opinion having a 1TB HDD is always useful, especially for file backup.
Laptops with 512GB SSD offer more than enough storage for basic users.
Having a laptop with SSD is better for performance, but if you’re looking for longevity, go for a laptop with HDD.