Fix: Chkdsk.Exe Runs on Every Boot
The Check Disk Utility or Chkdsk.exe is used for detecting and fixing errors in your hard disk and the file system. But it also can cause some problems. Reportedly, some Windows users said that the system runs Chkdsk.exe every time they boot the computer. This happens when Chkdsk.exe finds some of your system file as “dirty.” Hopefully, there are a few solutions to this problem, and I hope that at least one of them will help you.
If your Check Disk or chkdsk tool in Windows 8/8.1/10 runs every time you boot your system, here are a few things you could do to fix this problem:
- First, let it complete the process one
- Now open the Registry Editor and navigate to the following registry key:
- In the right pane, you will spot BootExecute. Change its value from autocheck autochk * /. to autocheck autochk *
This should work, but if it doesn’t, try this:
- Open a command prompt windows, type the following and hit Enter:
fsutil dirty query g:
This command will query the drive, and there’s a high probability that it will tell you that your drive is dirty.
- Next, type CHKNTFS /X G:. This command (X) will tell Windows ton not check the particular drive (G) on the next boot
- Restart your computer, and after that open cmd again and enter Chkdsk /f /r g:. This command will take you through the five steps of scan and will reset the dirty bit. And after all of that, type fsutil dirty query g: and press Enter
- You can also run the chkdsk /r command or the chkdsk /f command to check if there are any errors on the hard disk
I hope this solved your problem, and if you have any comments, please write the down below.
Read Also: Fix: Windows 10 Hangs on Initial Startup
The thought of producing EDM (electronic dance music) may have crossed your mind several times especially if you are a content creator, budding music artist […]
No matter if you run a business or not, if you want store data, QNAP (Quality Network Appliance Provider) Systems is probably the answer you […]
We have all sorts of applications on our PC, but sometimes certain apps can become grayed out and unable to remove. This can be a […]