- Different users have raised a need to know how to access their chrome individual tab volume control.
- One of the most efficient ways is to use the Volume Master extension to enable sound for individual tabs.
- You can read further to explore possible ways to access your chrome tab audio control.
Several features come with using Google Chrome, one of which is that you can access the Chrome tab audio control settings. With this, users can adjust volume for individual tabs on the Chrome browser.
However, some users have reported they find it challenging to locate the chrome tab audio control or use it.
Hence, this article should provide users with possible ways to access chrome’s tab volume control and disable the sound on a tab. Work your way down the steps below to know which one you find easy to access.
Can I change the volume of individual tabs & Windows in chrome?
It is possible to adjust the chrome individual tab volume level of a video/audio on YouTube, Vimeo, Netflix, etc. The holdback is just that, not every website allows users to use chrome tab volume control.
However, you can rely on the Chrome volume control extension whenever this happens.
How do I control the volume on a Chrome tab?
1. Use Volume Master Extension
- Visit the Google Chrome web store to download & install the Volume Master extension on your web browser.
- After the installation, locate the Volume Master extension icon on the Extension bar at the top of your screen.
- Launch any tab to play audio.
- Click on the Volume Master extension icon.
- Drag the volume slider to control the volume of the playing audio or video.
- You can follow this same step to adjust the volume for other tabs.
2. Use Windows Volume Mixer
- Right-click on the Sound icon on the taskbar.
- Select Open Volume mixer and adjust the browser volume you are using here.
You can adjust different browser audio by using Windows Volume Mixer.
3. Update your sound drivers
- Press the Windows key, search Device Manager and launch it.
- Click on the Sound, video and game controllers option to activate the drop-down menu.
- Right-click on the sound driver.
- Select Update Driver from the drop-down menu.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Wait for the update to finish.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system. There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
Can I disable the sound on tabs?
It is possible to mute the sound for your browser tabs. Follow the steps below to know how to disable the sound on tabs:
Although the above steps can mute sound for the site, Google Chrome permits users to use an extension to disable the sound on tabs.
You can work through the steps above to access your chrome tab volume control. You can also check our guide on how to fix Chrome no sound after the first video.
If you have any questions or suggestions, you can use the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.