- Coinbase alerts not working is a very common issue that can occur due to the apps cache data.
- Sometimes the app might have issues, so reinstalling it can help solve those problems.
- If using a VPN, disabling it can help, so be sure to try that as well.
Coinbase is a trusted app for cryptocurrency for purchasing, trading, transferring, and storing digital currency. In addition, it offers a feature known as Price Alerts. You can set up automatic alerts through the mobile app to inform you about price movements for a specific cryptocurrency.
Once a user sets up a Price Alert on the Coinbase app, they are notified about the live prices of their selected cryptocurrencies. Even more, all users receive an alert informing the percentage change in the price.
But recently, many users have complained about Coinbase alerts not working on desktop, Android, and iOS.
As it’s an issue of concern, it’s essential to fix it. In this post, we have compiled a list of some workarounds that may help you if Coinbase notifications are not working.
As an efficient method to get notified about cryptocurrencies, you have an exhaustive market scanning tool that is basically your account manager.
This complete solution comes with all you need and offers customized crypto alerts based on market price, volume, exchange listings, or wallet tracking. Plus, get notified about gas fees for any coins.
More, the alerts can be sent to you via SMS, phone call, email, push alerts, and others. You can monitor cryptocurrency markets for 46 exchanges and get notified of multiple crypto services like Binance or Gemini.
Be aware of all your crypto coins’ prices and exchange on Coinbase and more.
How do I set up alerts on Coinbase?
Setting up automatic price alerts through the Coinbase mobile app is pretty simple. It will notify you of price changes for selected cryptocurrencies.
- Open the Coinbase app on your Android or iOS device.
- Search for the crypto you want to turn on price alerts for.
- Click on the Star icon to add the cryptocurrency to your watchlist; doing so will also turn on price alerts for that specific cryptocurrency.
- Navigate back to Home, click on the Notifications icon, and then click on the Settings icon.
- Now tap on Price alerts.
- Here, you can select if you want the alerts pushed to your phone and receive alerts within the app or via your registered email.
What can I do if Coinbase Alerts not working?
On your smartphone
1. Clear the mobile app’s cache data
- Open Settings, click on Apps, then select Manage apps.
- Scroll down and click on Coinbase.
- Click on Clear Data.
- Close the Coinbase app.
- Double click the Home button, and all the apps you’ve been using should pop up.
- Flick the Coinbase app upwards until it disappears from the screen.
This is a simple solution, so be sure to try it if Coinbase is not sending price alerts on your device.
2. Update the Coinbase app
This issue can also occur if you use an older app version. If that is the case, update the Coinbase app to its latest version.
3. Reinstall the app
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Select Coinbase.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Now download the app again from the Play Store.
- Tap and hold the Coinbase app.
- Now select Remove App.
- Once the app is removed, download it again from the Apple Store.
1. Clear Browser cookies and cache
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner.
- Click on Settings and navigate to Privacy and Security.
- Click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Check the options Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Once done, click on Clear Data.
- Open Firefox and click on the hamburger icon at the top right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy & Security.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click on Clear Data.
- Now click on Clear to confirm the process and check if Coinbase alerts not working issue is fixed.
2. Disable your VPN
- Locate the VPN icon in your system tray.
- Right-click it and click on Exit.
- Press the Windows key + S and enter VPN. Select VPN settings.
- Select your VPN connection and click on Remove.
However, if you want to use Coinbase with a VPN, read our post on the best VPNs for CoinBase.
3. Update your browser
- Click the menu icon in the top right corner and go to Help. Now select About Google Chrome.
- A new tab will appear and check for available updates.
- If updates are available, they’ll be automatically downloaded.
The process is more or less similar for other browsers, so feel free to try it.
4. Use a third-party alerting service
If none of those mentioned above workarounds were able to fix Coinbase not sending price alerts, try using another Crypto price alerts app like Cryptocurrency alerting.
Suppose you don’t prefer cryptocurrency alerting as a free crypto price alerts software, please take a look at our article on the best cryptocurrency price alert apps and services.
That’s how simple it really is to fix Coinbase alerts not working. Follow the steps mentioned above to solve this error in no time. If the troubleshooting methods mentioned above cannot help you, contact Coinbase Support.
If you still have any issues, feel free to comment below. We’re eager to hear from you.