- This list will help you pick the right software that will convert a PDF into Word format, in the FAQ section you can also find a short guide on how to do it by using Adobe PDF Converter
- You might also find this read on software to create editable PDF forms to be an interesting one
- Check this top list on best free PDF reading software if you are looking for a non-paid alternative to conventional PDF readers
- For more helpful articles on the topic of PDF, click here
Have you ever wanted to apply for a job and the required format for your CV is .doc, or .docx but your CV is in the Adobe PDF format?
Because of the fact that PDFs are not created to be edited or provide you with a way to extract text or images, the best way is to convert them to a Word file format. This assures you that the entire range of information is kept intact in the resulting .doc/.docx file.
These are just some examples, but there are many other circumstances in which the use of file converting tools can be very useful.
It is very frustrating when we encounter situations like this, and instead of having to manually retyping your entire CV or other document into a PDF, you can use specialized software to transform your file into a Word document.
The conversion process is usually fast, and the quality of the results are very good. Depending on the app you choose to use, you’ll have access to other useful features besides the conversion tools, like batch processing options, merge and splitting features, etc.
Let’s explore some of the best software on the market that allow you to easily transform your Adobe PDF files into Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx) files.
Adobe PDF Converter (recommended)
You can’t talk about PDFs, without mentioning Adobe. This list would not have been complete without listing the Adobe PDF converter. This software is one the best PDF to Word converter available on the market.
With this software, you can easily convert all your PDFs to Word documents, while keeping the layouts and fonts of the original file intact. This includes all bullets and tables found in the PDF.
One of the best features of Adobe PDF Converter is the fact that it allows you to extract specific paragraphs of text from PDF, and move to to a Word File. This feature helps you streamline the process of selecting information, without the need to first convert the entire file, and then extract it into another new document.
The Adobe PDF Converter can also convert PDF to other popular formats like – Excel, PowerPoint, and also convert Word, Excel, or PowerPoint to PDF.
This software is part of the Adobe Document Cloud , which can be used as a trial, and also has 2 different versions :
Acrobat Standard DC
- The tool allows you to view, interact and edit PDFs
- Store files and share content online – Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Converts PDF to any Microsoft Office document and the other way around
Acrobat Pro DC – contains all the features found in the Standard version, and you can also use it to:
- Permanently remove any visible information inside the PDF
- Add audio, video, and interactive objects to PDFs
- Get real-time status and activity notifications for documents sent for viewing, or to be signed
Nitro PDF to Word Converter
Nitro PDF is another great software option that can easily transform any PDF file into Word documents. This software also allows batch processing of your PDF files, allowing you to save valuable time in the process.
Besides this capability, Nitro PDF also can transform PDF files into Excel, PowerPoint, and any other Microsoft Office format, while also giving you the opportunity to revert back to PDF from any format.
Nitro helps you save time and effort relating to layout issues after conversion without the loss of any information whatsoever. This program uses computer algorithms to ensure that any problems regarding the way different elements are laid out are eliminated.
WPS PDF to Word
This PDF to Word converter from WPS is a great software solution that allows you to easily edit your PDF files.
This tool was designed so it allows you to maintain the quality of your document even after conversion, by keeping and transforming all the bullet points, tables, etc. , in order to be presented as a Word document. The Adobe PDF file can be converted into either .DOC or , .DOCX formatted files.
You can also use this software to split or even merge the pages contained in your PDF file, before starting the conversion process. This allows you to avoid any complications down the road and to also have everything set up and ready for the transformation of the file.
WPS PDF to Word, also allows you to process batch files. This option not only saves you time but reduces the strain put on your system by optimizing the way the batch processing is done.
This software can be licensed either for individual use, education, or business. Each version offers particular features and options.
- WPS Office Free supports a 5 page limit of PDF to Word converting and offers a good range of free templates
- WPS Office License is designed for businesses and offers an unlimited number of PDF to Word conversions as well as an ad-free user experience
- WPS Premium allows you to export PDF in batches and offers OCR support.
- WPS Premium for education contains all the features of WPS Premium but comes in a free package designed specifically for use in education.
UniPDF is another great software option that is designed specifically to transform PDF files into Word documents, allowing you to extract information with ease and compatibility with the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
This software is easy to use, and besides converting PDFs to Word, it is able to convert files to images, HTML, or text files (.txt), and allows you to keep the layouts, document texts, images and the formatting style intact after the conversion is completed.
Solid Converter PDF to Word
This converter from Solid Documents is another great option that can transform your PDF files into Word documents, has batch conversion features, can convert only selected parts of your text, and also allows you to print PDF documents directly from the user interface.
If you need a bit of guidance regarding how to use this software, you can visit this webpage.
FAQ regarding PDF to Word Conversion
- What is the best software to convert PDF to Word?
We recommend Adobe PDF Converter as the best tool to convert a PDF into Word.
- How can you convert a PDF to Word document?
For this we recommend to use Adobe PDF Converter. You will have to follow this steps:
- Open The PDF Document
- Click on export PDF on the right panel
- Choose your format as Word
- Adobe PDF Converter will automatically recognize the text and convert it
- Can you open a PDF in Word?
Yes, you can open a PDF file in Word, but it is highly like that some elements will get lost, conversion works best when the PDF contains text.
In this article, we explored some of the best software options on the market to simply convert any PDF files into Word documents.
Some of the software presented in this list also has other useful features such as Word or Excel file to PDF conversion support, options to export only the images out of PDFs, export only selected text, etc.
We would love to know what software option you chose from this list. Let us know in the comment section below.