Often there are instances of DAT file getting corrupted. This again can lead to a whole lot of issues, with the particular application that created the DAT file functioning erroneously.
Fortunately, fixing DAT file error is easy enough, it being just a few steps that can get you back on track quickly.
Steps to fix DAT file errors quickly
Step 1: Performing System Restore
This often is the easiest way to deal with DAT file errors, one that can provide you respite to your issues in the quickest possible time.
Here are the steps:
- Launch msconfig. Again, the easiest way to do that is to type msconfig in the Cortana search box, right click on the System Configuration app from the search result and select Run as administrator. Alternately, you can also launch the Run dialog box by hitting Windows key and R. Type msconfig in the Run dialog box and hit enter.
- In the System Configuration windows, select Tool
- Select System Restore from the list of Tool Name provided and hit the Launch
- Follow on-screen steps which includes selecting the date to which you want your system to be rolled back. Of course, you will have to select a date prior to when you first started experiencing issues with DAT file.
Step 2: Perform SFC scan
Another option for you to try will be to perform a sfcscan of your system to ensure all your files are in perfect order. Here are the steps:
- Hit Windows key + R to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type cmd and press enter to launch the Windows command prompt. Alternately, you can just type cmd in the Cortana search box, right click on the Command Promt and select Run as administrator.
- In the Command prompt window, type sfc/scannow and press enter.
- Wait till the process is complete. It might take some minutes for the scan to be 100 percent complete.
Restart your PC. The DAT file errors should be gone for good.
Also, here are a few additional resources you can try.
- You can quickly fix corrupted AVI files with these tools
- How to fix corrupted FoxPro DBF files once and for all
- How to fix the Camtasia 9 black screen errors in Windows 10