Cricut recommends that you use an Inkjet printer for your printing jobs before carving the design with the Cricut Explore or the Cricut Maker. However, it can also handle the printing, especially on lightly colored materials, but what do you do if Cricut is not printing?
When Cricut won’t print, it most likely means that the image is not printable. To make the designs printable, all you have to do is change the Linetype, and for multiple layers, you can make use of the Flatten tool.
In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through how to resolve the issue when your Cricut won’t print.
How do I fix a Circut machine that won’t print?
1. Change the Linetype
- Click on the More button to open a dropdown. From this dropdown, select your Cricut edition. This filters out of the menu all the options that are unavailable for your device.
- Next, insert your designs onto the Design Space Canvas.
- Click on the Linetype menu button and select the different Linetype from the dropdown.
- If you have multiple layers and wish to change the Linetype for them all, you can first select all the relevant layers before choosing a Linetype from the dropdown.
2. Use a printable image
Cricut‘s library is loaded with tons of beautiful printable images that are ready to Print then Cut. These images have the Print Linetype, and you can find them as single layers in the Layer panel.
If your Cricut is not printing, you may have to try it again with printable images.
These images usually have a printer icon next to their titles. To find these images, click on the Filters icon and then mark the Printables box.
Next, choose a printable image and insert it on the Canvas.
Finally, you can now follow the steps above to modify it to Print Then Cut.
3. Print Then Cut
- If Cricut is not printing, you can make your design printable by changing the Linetype or inserting a printable image.
- After that, hit the Continue button.
- Lastly, select your printer from the dropdown and hit Send to Printer.
This launches the Print Then Cut dialog and applies an image bleed to eliminate the white borders left after the carving.
Retry printing with an Inkjet printer after following the steps here. If Cricut is not printing still, make sure you use a white material if you use the Cricut Explore or a medium to light-colored paper for the Cricut Maker.
NOTE: The Cricut Print Then Cut function does not work on Android devices, yet.
Hopefully, this step-by-step guide has put you through all you need to work on Cricut that is not printing. If it does not resolve the issue, do let us know in the comments section below.