- CrossFire is an online free tactical FPS (First-Person Shooter) from Z8Games that is enjoyed by hundreds of millions of players. However, it's not available everywhere.
- VPN software can help you improve your CrossFire ping and gameplay, and also circumvent geo-restrictions without significant efforts.
- To improve your gameplay and ping, make sure to check out our best VPNs for gamers.
- Visit our Gaming VPN Hub to discover more awesome news, guides, and reviews.
CrossFire is an online free tactical FPS (First-Person Shooter) from Z8Games that is enjoyed by hundreds of millions of players worldwide. As a player, you can assume the role of a mercenary company, either the Global Risk or the Black List, and fight the other party.
There are multiple game modes, and most of them can handle a roster of up to 16 players. So each team can have a maximum count of 8 players. There are some play modes such as Zombie and Wave, where special conditions apply.
If you play for a while, you can progress in your military rank. You start off as a trainee, and depending on your skill you can promote your character all the way up to Marshall. You can also customize your appearance and equipment.
CrossFire is no longer available in various countries, including South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Iran. More so, some users encounter bothersome ping issues while playing the game.
In this situation, VPN software can be quite useful. VPNs can improve ping and circumvent geo-restrictions like the one described above without significant efforts.
What are the best VPN apps to play CrossFire?
Private Internet Access (PIA) is an excellent VPN service brought to you by Kape Technologies. It passed all of our security, speed, and reliability tests with flying colors, which makes it suitable for a wide range of situations.
It boasts a wide server network, which plays a huge role in circumventing geoblocks. Additionally, thanks to its lightning-fast servers, you can enjoy CrossFire without annoying high latency (lag) issues.
What you need to know about PIA:
- Boasts over 3,200 secure VPN servers spread in 66 locations, in 46 countries
- Fast servers to help you eliminate high ping issues
- Lets you connect up to 10 devices from the same subscription/account
- No free trial, but offers a generous 30-day money-back guarantee
Private Internet AccessWant to explore more servers on CrossFire? PIA can do that and improve ping at the same time.
Another great Kape Technologies-signed product, CyberGhost VPN also offers you great ping reduction and geoblock-bypassing capabilities. It provides you with airtight security and doesn’t log any sensitive information about you. Thus, you can safely use it outside of CrossFire, as well.
Due to CrossFire being available only in specific countries, a service such as CyberGhost VPN can help you explore a wider selection of servers effortlessly. More so, thanks to CyberGhost VPN’s fast servers, you can experience the game at blazing speeds. It’s one of the fastest VPN apps.
What you need to know about CyberGhost VPN:
- Has more than 6,400 secure servers in 89 countries
- Lets you connect up to 7 devices to the same account
- Fast servers to help you improve ping
- Helps you circumvent geo-restrictions
- 1-day free trial and 45-day money-back guarantee
CyberGhost VPNCurb your ping issues and eliminate geo-restrictions in CrossFire with CyberGhost VPN.
BullGuard VPN is developed by the BullGuard company and is arguably a speedster in our books. It can help you decrease your ping dramatically while playing CrossFire, which makes it ideal for fixing unsolved latency issues.
Since latency is everything in most online games (including CrossFire), the importance of having a service that can reduce ping is enormous. If you care most about speed, you can leave server picking to BullGuard VPN.
This VPN can help you choose the best server based on your geographical position, ensuring the best speed you could achieve while playing CrossFire. It’s one of the best VPNs for Windows 10.
What you need to know about BullGuard VPN:
- Its server network consists of more than 2,000 servers in 16 countries
- Fast servers to ensure the lack of latency issues
- Lets you connect up to 6 devices on the same account
- No free trial, but has a generous 30-day money-back guarantee
BullGuard VPNPlay CrossFire without worrying about high ping, latency, or lag by relying on BullGuard VPN.
To wrap it up, even if you can probably play CrossFire unhampered without a VPN, there’s still room for improvement. Using any of the VPN services we’ve suggested can upgrade your playing experience, from unblocking the game wherever it’s not available to improving your ping dramatically.
More so, our suggestions are great all-round services. Therefore, even if you’re done playing CrossFire, you can still count on them to keep your connection private and secure, away from prying eyes.
FAQ: Learn more about CrossFire and VPN
- Do I need a VPN to play CrossFire?
Not necessarily, but there are some countries where CrossFire is no longer available. The best course of action in this situation would be turning to a VPN to remove geo-restrictions and access the game freely.
- Can a VPN improve my CrossFire ping?
Yes, especially if your ISP has a habit of throttling your connection. The right VPN can surely improve your ping and gameplay, and also keep your connection secure at the same time, without extra efforts.
- Where is CrossFire not available?
CrossFire is no longer available in the following countries: South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, South East Asia, and Iran. The Europe and Latin America servers have merged into the West server.