Developed by Kape Technologies, Private Internet Access (PIA) is a virtual private network (VPN) service you can use to hide your IP address, change your geolocation, unblock websites, and watch streaming services like Netflix.
VPNs have become indispensable software solutions for users interested in protecting their online privacy and securing their devices against hackers. And we think that PIA is the best in the business.
You can use PIA VPN to encrypt your network connection and defend your computer from cyber-criminals, especially if you frequently connect to public, unprotected Wi-Fi hotspots. But it’s also a great way to shield your home router from DDoS attacks while gaming or torrenting.
PIA VPN system requirements
- Windows 10 and 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- macOS 10.13 or newer (64-bit only)
- Linux: Ubuntu 16.04 or newer, Mint 18 or newer, Arch, and Debian (64-bit and desktop versions only)
- Android 4.1 or newer (mobile devices only)
- iOS 11 or newer (64-bit only)
- Chrome v48 or newer
- Firefox v57 or newer
- Opera v52 or newer
Please note that Private Internet Access doesn’t offer technical support for deprecated operating systems.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
- A strict no-logging policy
- No IP, DNS, or WebRTC leaks
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn't work in China
- Doesn't unblock other catalogs besides Netflix US
- Doesn't support Smart DNS
- Doesn't support obfuscated servers
PIA VPN is wrapped in a super-intuitive user interface, whether you’re using it on Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, or directly in your web browser. It delivers excellent connection speeds, whether you’re securely browsing, torrenting, streaming, or gaming with friends.
We used it to unblock Netflix US and we were not disappointed. We’ve also noticed that PIA receives software updates frequently (a beta channel mode is available for those interested in testing new features early).