Developed by Kape Technologies, Private Internet Access (PIA) is a virtual private network (VPN) service you can use to hide your IP address, change your geolocation, unblock websites, and watch streaming services like Netflix.
VPNs have become indispensable software solutions for users interested in protecting their online privacy and securing their devices against hackers. And we think that PIA is the best in the business.
You can use PIA VPN to encrypt your network connection and defend your computer from cyber-criminals, especially if you frequently connect to public, unprotected Wi-Fi hotspots. But it’s also a great way to shield your home router from DDoS attacks while gaming or torrenting.
PIA VPN system requirements
- Windows 10 and 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- macOS 10.13 or newer (64-bit only)
- Linux: Ubuntu 16.04 or newer, Mint 18 or newer, Arch, and Debian (64-bit and desktop versions only)
- Android 4.1 or newer (mobile devices only)
- iOS 11 or newer (64-bit only)
- Chrome v48 or newer
- Firefox v57 or newer
- Opera v52 or newer
Please note that Private Internet Access doesn’t offer technical support for deprecated operating systems.
- A strict no-logging policy
- No IP, DNS, or WebRTC leaks
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Doesn't work in China
- Doesn't unblock other catalogs besides Netflix US
- Doesn't support Smart DNS
- Doesn't support obfuscated servers
PIA VPN is wrapped in a super-intuitive user interface, whether you’re using it on Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, or directly in your web browser. It delivers excellent connection speeds, whether you’re securely browsing, torrenting, streaming, or gaming with friends.
We used it to unblock Netflix US and we were not disappointed. We’ve also noticed that PIA receives software updates frequently (a beta channel mode is available for those interested in testing new features early).
Overview of Private Internet Access features
- Set it up on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Firefox, Chrome, and routers.
- Secure your data using OpenVPN with up to 256-bit AES encryption or WireGuard.
Add more protection
Extensive server coverage
- Explore more than 11,877 VPN and Proxy servers in 96 locations across 75 countries
Built-in ad and malware blocker
- Use PIA MACE to block ads with a VPN, along with trackers and other malware
Protect multiple devices at once
- Share your VPN account using up to 10 simultaneous connections
VPN kill switch
- Stop IP leaks by disabling all Internet access when the VPN drops using the VPN kill switch
Exclusive DNS servers
- Protects your DNS queries and speeds up your Internet connection
Native port forwarding
- Use the secure tunnel created by the VPN while retaining access to your home network resources, thanks to split tunneling mode
Full torrenting and P2P support
- Connect to any VPN server to protect your identity while torrenting.
Supports small businesses
- Volume discounts are available for entrepreneurs who require at least 3 accounts
- Kape Technologies
- PIA, VPN