- Date stamps on images tell you when the original photographs were taken.
- This handy guide tells you how to add date stamps to your photos after you've saved them on your PC.
- You can have a look through many other software guide articles at our How to hub.
- Our Digital Photo section includes numerous articles about the best software for photography.
Some photographers like to keep track of when they took their photos by adding date stamps.
A date stamp is a small text included in an image that tells you the date the photographer captured the original photo. Some cameras include built-in date stamp options that add stamps at the time of picture capture.
However, not all cameras include date stamp features. Many users who take snapshots with mobile phone cameras will probably need to add stamps to their photos with third-party software and apps.
How can I add date stamps to my photos?
Apowersoft Watermark Remover
Watermark Remover is software that enables users to add and remove image watermarks. With it, you can quickly add date stamp watermarks to your images with custom fonts, colors, transparency, and other effects.
Watermark Remover is compatible with the vast majority of standard image formats. It also incorporates an intuitive drag-and-drop UI that makes it quick and easy for users to add date stamp watermarks.
Other useful features
- Includes watermark selection tools for removing photo objects
- Includes a wide range of built-in fonts for date stamps
- Supports batch processing
- It also enables users to add or remove watermarks from videos
Apowersoft Watermark Remover
This amazing software enables you to add and remove watermarks with just a few clicks of the mouse.
BatchPhoto is image manipulation software for Windows and Mac platforms. It includes a utility for adding date stamps that pulls the original date/time EXIF data from photos. So, its users don’t need to manually find EXIF date info for their pictures.
- When you’ve installed BatchPhoto, open the window for that software.
- Click the Add Photos button on BatchPhoto’s window.
- Select a photo to add a date stamp to, and click the OK option.
- Click the Add Filter button to open a Select Filter window.
- Then select Annotate on the left of the filter window.
- Select Date to open a Date window.
- Then you can select Original Date & Time on the Show drop-down menu to add a date watermark.
- Click the Format drop-down menu to select alternative date formats.
Use the Ofoct Date Stamp web utility
- First, open File Explorer with the Windows key + E hotkey.
- Open a folder that includes the photo you’re going to add a date stamp.
- Right-click the photograph you need a date stamp for and select Properties.
- Select the Details tab shown directly below.
- Note down the date taken info within the Origin section of the Details tab.
- Click OK to exit the properties window.
- Open the Ofoct date stamp app page in a browser.
- Select the Upload From Computer option.
- Select the photo that you noted down the date taken info for, and click the Open button.
- Click the orange Open option and Modify the stamp so that it includes the date taken.
So, that’s how you can add date stamps to photographs on your hard drive.
You can add date stamps to photos with any image software that includes watermark features.
However, it’s quicker to utilize software that also pulls dates for stamps from images’ EXIF data records.