- Payoneer is a popular financial service company that allows freelancers and professionals to receive and make payments.
- You can add and delete bank accounts linked with your Payoneer account by yourself from the Settings Tab.
- Interested in financial apps to help you manage your spending? Look no further than our comprehensive Financial Apps Hub.
- For more guides and tutorials spanning both software and hardware, check out our Removal Guides Portal.
Payoneer is a popular financial service company that allows the freelancers as well as professionals around the world to receive and make payments. If you already have a Payoneer account and want to know how to delete Payoneer account, this article is for you.
One can have any reason to delete their Payoneer account. In case you have found a better alternative or maybe simply decided not to use the payment service anymore. Or perhaps you want to delete the bank account associated with your Payoneer service.
Deleting your account is easy and can be done with a few clicks. In this article, we walk you through the steps to cancel your Payoneer account as well as delete associated bank accounts successfully.
As an alternative to Payoneer, you can start using Revolut for sending and receiving funds. It offers the same easy service with no hidden fees as well as quick and easy fund transfers between accounts and even savings accounts where you can earn interest.
Similar to traditional bank accounts, Revolut offers rewards and Perks on selected items, so you can earn money as you’re spending. The service is free to sign up and you can do it from the mobile app in minutes.
Moreover, you can link all your bank accounts and transfer funds between them with ease.
On top of linking all your bank accounts into one place, you can order a card that can be used abroad for withdrawals and payments, buy gold and cryptocurrencies and monitor your spending with the built-in analytics.
Revolut allows you to spend in over 150 currencies at an attractive exchange rate and you can upgrade your account for even more perks, such as medical and travel insurance, disposable virtual cards, and even a concierge service.
It’s free to sign up and it only takes a minute, so why not give Revolut a try and see all the benefits it offers.
Giving up on Payoneer? might as well go for Revolut for far better services and never-before-seen financial flexibility.
Steps to delete Payoneer account
1. Delete your account existing bank account
- Sign in to your Payoneer account with the account username and password that you want to delete.
- From the top right side corner, click on Settings.
- Select Bank Accounts from the options.
- This will list all the bank accounts associated with your Payoneer account.
- Click the More button (three dots) and click on the Delete Account option.
- In the new dialogue, click on Delete Account again to confirm the action.
- After this, your bank account will be deleted.
What if you are unable to delete your bank account?
- If you are based out of India, you are required to have at least one bank account associated with the Payoneer account all the time.
- So, to delete a bank account, make sure you have added another bank account successfully.
- This is due to the Reserve Bank of India not allowing the Indian Payoneer account holders to keep any funds in the Payoneer account.
- All the funds must be withdrawn/automatically transferred to an Indian bank account within 24 hours of receiving the funds in the Payoneer account.
- Make sure you don’t have any pending transaction in your Payoneer account.
- All the pending transactions must be closed and cleared to be able to delete bank accounts from Payoneer.
- The bank account is pending review. Once the account is approved, you can remove the account.
2. Cancel Payoneer account
- If you want to cancel your Payoneer account permanently, do the following.
- First, make sure all the remaining funds are withdrawn from your Payoneer account.
- Also, make sure there is no fund in the Payoneer card.
- Once done, contact Payoneer support for assistance in canceling your account.
Payoneer offers a convenient payment service for the freelancers who work remotely. You can add up to three bank account on the standard Payoneer account.
However, in case you want to delete one of your bank accounts or simply cancel the Payoneer service altogether, follow the steps in this article to cancel the account in no time.
FAQ: Delete Payoneer account
- How can I change my Payoneer bank account?
You will need to contact Payoneer in order to change your bank account.
- How can I delete my Payoneer account on Fiverr?
You can do this by contacting the Payoneer support staff and asking them to remove the account.
- Can I have 2 Payoneer accounts?
You can not have more than one account, as each account has to have an email address associated with it and there cannot be more than account associated with each email address. However, you can add multiple bank accounts to your Payoneer account.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published in October 2019 and was revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.