Payoneer is a popular financial service company that allows the freelancers as well as professionals around the world to receive and make payments. If you already have a Payoneer account and want to know how to delete Payoneer account, this article is for you.
One can have any reasons to delete their Payoneer account. In case you have found a better alternative or maybe simply decided not to use the payment service anymore. Or perhaps you want to delete the bank account associated with your Payoneer service.
Deleting your account is easy and can be done with a few clicks. In this article, we walk you through the steps to cancel your Payoneer account as well as delete associated bank accounts successfully.
Steps to delete Payoneer account
1. Delete your account existing bank account
- Sign in to your Payoneer account with the account username and password that you want to delete.
- From the top right side corner, click on Settings.
- Select Bank Accounts from the options.
- This will list all the bank accounts associated with your Payoneer account.
- Click the More button (three dots) and click on the Delete Account option.
- In the new dialogue, click on Delete Account again to confirm the action.
- After this, your bank account will be deleted.
What if you are unable to delete your bank account?
- If you are based out of India, you are required to have at least one bank account associated with the Payoneer account all the time.
- So, to delete a bank account, make sure you have added another bank account successfully.
- This is due to the Reserve Bank of India not allowing the Indian Payoneer account holders to keep any funds in the Payoneer account. All the funds must be withdrawn/automatically transferred to an Indian bank account within 24 hours of receiving the funds in the Payoneer account.
- Make sure you don’t have any pending transaction in your Payoneer account. All the pending transactions must be closed and cleared to be able to delete bank accounts from Payoneer.
- The bank account is pending review. Once the account is approved, you can remove the account.
2. Cancel Payoneer account
- If you want to cancel your Payoneer account permanently, do the following.
- First, make sure all the remaining funds are withdrawn from your Payoneer account.
- Also, make sure there is no fund in the Payoneer card.
- Once done, contact Payoneer support for assistance in cancelling your account.
Payoneer offers a convenient payment service for the freelancers who work remotely. You can add up to three bank account on the standard Payoneer account.
However, in case you want to delete one of your bank accounts or simply cancel the Payoneer service altogether, follow the steps in this article to cancel the account in no time.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- How to activate your Payoneer card in just a few easy steps
- Here are 6 best VPNs for Bitcoin payment to fully secure your transactions
- How to change Revolut bank details