- Most online companies collect data from your web activity so that they can send you targeted ads.
- The cookies you accept on websites contribute to collecting data on your online activities.
- If you are concerned about your online privacy, you can remove internet tracking from your PC using one of the software recommended below.
Internet tracking is a common practice that website owners and advertisers use to collect information about you. They then use this information to tailor ads or even sell your personal data to third parties.
While this is not necessarily a bad thing, some users prefer not having their online activity tracked by third parties. This may prompt them to look for ways to remove or block tracking sites.
Given that cybercriminals are constantly perfecting their skills, users have been wondering how to remove tracking cookies from Windows 10 and 11. It is crucial that every internet user practices safe browsing tips and tricks to avoid falling victim.
There are many ways to remove trackers from your PC. These include deleting cookies, clearing cache, and disabling tracking on websites.
At times, these methods can be time-consuming and difficult to do if you have no technical knowledge. Fortunately, there are several cookie cleaner software that you can use to protect your privacy.
The best way is to stop any trackers before you reach to a point of removing internet tracking cookies. You can check out our article on software to stop online tracking on your PC for Windows 10.
What is anti-track software?
Anti-track software is a type of software that protects your privacy by preventing websites from tracking you. By using anti-track software, you can prevent websites from collecting information about you and your online activities.
Cookies are small files that store your preferences and activities on the web. They can be used to track your browsing history, and even create profiles of you.
To identify tracking cookies, you can use one of the following:
- Browser extensions – Browser extensions are add-ons that can be installed directly within the browser itself, like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. They provide extra functionality beyond what the browser offers by default and can inform you if you are being tracked.
- Antivirus software – Antivirus tools typically come with a built-in feature that can detect and remove tracking cookies from your computer. If you don’t have one installed on your device already, there is free software to remove tracking cookies.
Some browsers also provide analytics and let you know the kind of cookies you have accepted.
What is the best software to remove internet tracking from your PC?
Guard.io – Highest prevention and blocking rate
Guardio is a browser extension that prevents internet tracking by examining how old the website is, the genuineness of the design, the legitimacy of the URL, and much more.
Guardio employs an algorithm that learns about extension install and uninstalls rates, analyzes user reviews, and understands how to detect malicious activity inside the code itself. This information assists Guardio in identifying harmful extensions and preventing their installation.
All of this information assists Guardio in determining the amount of confidence you should place in a website. When it is not high enough, you will be notified instantly by a little push notification on the right side of your browser.
- Blocks out harmful phishing and scam sites
- Prevents abusive push-up notifications
- Informs about data leaks
- 24/7 user support
The advantage of this is that it is not invasive, is a really friendly approach, and you know you are protected.
Safeguards you from phishing attempts by alerting you anytime you open a fraudulent mail or visit a scam website.
CCleaner – Most popular
The CCleaner software provides a simple and effective way to clean up your PC by removing temporary files, recent documents, and web history.
Additionally, delete other unnecessary files that clog up your hard drive and slow down your system.
More so, it is one of the best tools to remove internet tracks from your PC. It not only lets you clean up junk files, but also gets rid of all the tracking cookies, cache, and other files that are slowing down your computer and making it vulnerable to malware.
- Ensures your browsing activity is kept private.
- Detects any internet tracking and stops it early in advance.
- Runs a health check on your PC to keep malware and viruses at bay.
- Speeds up your computer.
- Cleans up your hard drive.
The Smart Cleaning feature prevents internet tracking by cleaning your PC on a schedule while working silently in the background.
BitRaser File Eraser – Best in class tracking erasure tool
This fully developed software is essentially a cleaning tool that can entirely delete all sensitive files from your desktop or laptop.
So by choosing this tool, you ensure complete privacy on your browser and avoid tracking files with clever tools for clearing browsing history or many other files.
It is essential to feel protected when navigating online and giving personal data. This is why you should use this software to eliminate your traces and permanently delete Internet data from cookies, temporary files or autocomplete data in forms.
In case you have many files on your PC that are not for sharing, it’s easy to defend yourself by erasing any files like photos, videos, or documents from any Windows devices.
- Permanently erase banking data or online passwords
- Removes personal traces from activity logs, preferences, or cookies
- Complete security for external storage devices like USB or SSD drives.
- Entirely erase deleted information
- Delete system traces like temporary files
- Erasure task scheduling and erasing list tools
BitRaser File Eraser
Are you still worried about Internet tracking? Get rid of it while wiping out the personal files stored on your current browser.
Avast AntiTrack – Comprehensive solution
Avast AntiTrack is an application that protects your privacy by preventing websites from tracking the sites you visit. This helps protect you against malware and other unwanted intrusions into your system.
What’s more, it provides you with an option to scan the computer for any kind of tracking software, browser extensions, and cookies that are installed on your PC.
Once the scan is complete, you will be able to see the list of websites tracking you. You can choose to block these websites by adding them to the blacklist section of Avast AntiTrack.
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- Multiple browser integration.
- Masks your IP address so you can browse privately ad securely.
- Erases your browsing history once you are done.
- Send you an alert when a tracker is detected.
Hides your online identity and behavior, you can prevent trackers from collecting and sharing your data.
AdGuard – Most advanced option
AdGuard is one of the best software to remove internet tracks from your PC. The software works by filtering out certain types of content before it reaches your browser or device.
- Comes with a VPN available in 50+ locations.
- Enhances site loading.
- Multiple functionalities for both browsers and the desktop app.
- Blocks ads and site trackers.
- Works quietly in the background without interfering with your activities.
Malwarebytes AdwCleaner – Best malware detection
AdwCleaner is an excellent tool for removing malicious software that may have been installed on your computer without your knowledge.
In addition to that, cleaning out junk files that slow down performance also helps to keep your computer running smoothly.
Lastly, if you’re concerned about privacy issues related to Internet tracking and advertising, AdwCleaner is a must-have program.
- Has an extensive database to identify and remove unwanted software.
- Lightweight so it doesn’t take up too much storage space.
- Detects Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) that change the homepage or redirect pages and block them.
- It can be used as a free scanner to detect spyware.
Ghostery – User-friendly extension
Ghostery is a browser extension that provides users with the ability to block web trackers. The software will block all trackers on a page or allow you to choose which ones you want to block.
Firstly, it can also help you identify where you are being tracked, so you can make more informed decisions about what information you share online.
The tool makes it easier to understand what information is being collected about you online by showing you what’s being tracked on each site you visit
- It lets you conduct private searches on the web.
- Supports multiple browsers.
- Has an extensive tracker database making it more efficient.
- Block tracking services in real-time.
- See which third-party companies are collecting data about you.
Privoxy – Most versatile
Privoxy is an application that allows you to filter what your kids see on the internet.
This tool functions by installing a small program on your computer that routes all of your internet traffic through its servers.
Hence, the main advantage of Privoxy is its ability to work with almost all browsers including Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Remove tracking cookies from your browser.
- Highly customizable allowing you to personalize your installation.
- It uses minimal system resources.
- Compatible with multiple browsers.
Spybot – Search & Destroy – Lightweight program
Spybot has the ability to scan for malicious programs that may be hidden in your system files, registry entries, and other parts of your computer.
So this software is small and fast, has no ads, and its malware scanner can detect many types of spyware, including Trojans and rootkits.
The program also includes a variety of tools to help you keep your computer safe while surfing the web and block infiltrating ads from gathering your private information.
- Easy to use interface.
- Supports multiple devices.
- Includes a system scanner that can detect any other software.
- Has various tools for additional protection.
In case you are wondering how to remove tracking cookies from Chrome or remove tracking cookies from Internet Explorer as a target browser, refer to our dedicated guide on how to proceed.
Alternatively, you can opt to use browsers without tracking to safeguard your online activity at all times.
We hope that at this stage of the article, you have been able to make a decision on what software is best to remove internet tracks from your PC.
We’d love to know what software or browser extensions you are using to remove internet tracking cookies and secure your privacy. Let us know in the comments section below.