A big number of users have reported getting a pop-up message on their screens saying Your device needs the latest security upgrades. This issue can be extremely annoying as it doesn’t allow you to close or cancel that pop-up.
Even more than that, users have reported that if they let the update process finish, the process just starts again from 0%. Some of the most patient users have even let the second loading bar finish as well, but it seems the process is stuck in a never-ending loop.
Because we understand how important it is for you to be able to access your Windows PC when you need to, in this article, we will discuss the reason for this annoying pop-up appearing, and also how to get rid of it.
How to get rid of Your device needs the latest security upgrades message?
Why are you seeing this pop-up message?
Your device needs the latest security updates pop-up is causing your PC to gradually slow down its processing power. This issue appears if you’re using a very old version of Windows on your computer.
If you have Windows 10 version 1507, version 1511, version 1607, version 1703 or version 1709, you will see this pop-up once in a while. This happens because Windows Update doesn’t consider that your version of Windows is up to bar when it comes to security.
The pop-up is intended to remind you that you need to upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10 in order to avoid any bigger issues. Scroll down to see what you can do about it.
Here’s how to upgrade your Windows 10 to a newer version
- To get rid of the Your device needs the latest security upgrades error, first make sure your Windows 10 device has enough battery (more than 60%).
- Temporarily disable or uninstall any third-party antivirus software.
- Mount your Windows 10 ISO file or plug-in your Windows 10 bootable USB (new version).
- Open up the drive you’ve mounted your file to.
- Search for setup.exe file -> right-click it -> select Run as administrator.
- Inside the Windows 10 Setup window -> select Not at the moment when asked about updates.
- Press Accept for the Notices and license terms window.
- Choose whether you want to keep all your personal files and apps, or if you want a clean install (Be careful about what option you choose here to avoid any issues).
- Hit the Install button and wait for the process to complete.
Note: Your computer will restart by itself a few times.
We hope the information and methods presented in this article helped you better understand and also solve the Your device needs the latest security upgrades error.
Please feel free to let us know by using the comment section found below.
- FIX: Failure Configuring Windows Updates, Reverting Changes
- Windows 10 update deleted sound driver [QUICK FIX]
- Fix the Windows Update error 0x8e5e03fa in Windows 10 like a PRO