How to Disable Feedback App In Windows 10?
Although Windows 10 has some great built-in apps, some of its built-in apps can sometimes become annoying. One of these apps is Feedback app, and if this app bothers you, today we’ll show you how to disable Feedback app in Windows 10.
What Is Feedback app, And How To Disable It In Windows 10?
Windows 10 is constantly developing, and this is one of the reasons why Microsoft is asking for your feedback on Windows 10. In order to provide feedback, Microsoft has installed Feedback app that let’s you send feedback directly to Microsoft developers. Although Feedback app seems useful, some users don’t want to use it, and if you’re one of these users, you’ll be pleased to know that there’s a way to disable Feedback app in Windows 10.
Solution 1 – Set Feedback app to ask for feedback less frequently
This simplest way to disable Feedback app is to set it to ask for feedback less frequently. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Settings app and go to Privacy.
- Choose Feedback & diagnostics from the list on the left.
- Locate Windows should ask for my feedback section, and from the menu choose Never.
In most cases this will be enough to stop Windows 10 from asking for your feedback, but you can also disable any notifications related to Windows Feedback app. To do that, follow these instructions:
- Open Settings app and go to System.
- Go to Notifications & actions.
- Scroll down until you find Show notifications from these apps.
- Find Windows Feedback on the list and make sure that you turn it off.
After doing that, all notifications from Windows Feedback app will be disabled.
Solution 2 – Rename Windows Feedback app folder
Another way to disable Windows Feedback app is to rename its installation directory in order to disable the application. To do that, follow these instructions:
- Open File Explorer and go to C:\Windows\SystemApps.
- In there you should find WindowsFeedback_cw5n1h2txyewy folder. Right click it and choose Rename.
- Change the name of the folder to BACK_WindowsFeedback_cw5n1h2txyewy for example.
After you’ve changed the name of the folder, Windows Feedback app should be successfully disabled on your computer.
Solution 3 – Use third party applications to remove Windows Feedback app
- Download this tool and extract it on your computer.
- Find Uninstall Feedback.cmd, right click it, and choose Run as Administrator.
- After this processes is completed, restart your computer.
Although Feedback app has its purpose, some users don’t want to use it, and if you’re one of these users, we hope that our solutions have helped you disable Feedback app on Windows 10.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]